• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone done P90X?

Cat

Yeah I have issues with my trapezius muscle. So I work my legs and butt during some of the back exercises they do.

There are a LOT of push ups and pull ups though.

I was afraid of that.....well thats not happening anytime soon then. :( Might just have to go back to the gym and figure something else out.

as a huge Crossfit proponent i'd encourage P90X too. it's a pale imitation, but at least it's something, and it's good for people who intend it as a short-term thing to improve their body, and not a lifestyle to improve your fitness over the long term.

as a huge Crossfit proponent i'd encourage P90X too. it's a pale imitation, but at least it's something, and it's good for people who intend it as a short-term thing to improve their body, and not a lifestyle to improve your fitness over the long term.

i have heard good things about crossfit. what do you/are doing with it currently?

I def need to mix my routine up.

• 3 weeks later...

I really recommend this program.

There are have been times in my life that for 9+ months I went to the gym around 4 days a week, doing cardio and weight lifting. I have NEVER been in as good of shape as I'm in now in just about 5 weeks of P90X.

Not trying to brag, I just highly recommend this program. My arms are ripped, my abs are showing, I've got muscles popping out I've never seen before. My legs are tone, the only thing that doesn't feel like it's getting much work is my ass.

Girls you may want to do the P90X Lean instead of P90X Classic because I am bulking up a bit and probably look more muscly then many girls like. I gained 6 lbs even though I'm eating rather healthy, just a few cheat meals every once and a while. I just stopped weighing myself. I think the different body style is a fun change up.

• 4 months later...

I got halfway through it one summer .. I was doing it because I didn't have a ride to summer football practice and coach told me to stay in shape .. I lost about 25 lbs in that one month and put on about 10 in muscle to go from 215 to 200 .. I felt a lot better and could go about 5 more plays before getting that tired feeling.

Try it :)

So what are the results now that its been a month or 5?

Still doing it though I'm not as strict about doing it every single day. I work out about 5-6 times a week. I'm also not watching what I eat much at all.

I'm happy with the results. Arms are sculpted, abs are showing on my stomach. My butt is where i hold my weight, it's better but not great. I think if i dieted it would be better but I honestly can't be that controlled. At first I gained weight but now I'm back to the same weight I was when I started ( i was pretty skinny to begin with). I went from not being able to do hardly any push ups or pullup/chin up to being able to do 20+ military push ups, 6 under hand chin ups, 3 over handed chin ups. I can't do a full pull up. I can only do 3 from a standing position but i can't hang and do them.

Highly recommend it because you get results, it's fun and it doesn't take that much time.

edit: Husband went from 185ish to 163 and looks ripped in his arms, chest and back.

I've done it and it's a good workout.

I borrowed it from a friend, and wasn't able to keep it, so I wasn't able to continue through the whole program, but I did see results.

It's best to do the WHOLE program, with the diet and all the crap included, but it's expensive and the base program works, so screw that man.

Archived