• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Are You Listening To Right Now....

C47

11 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Sounds like you've seen some great artists.  Cant lie, I'm pretty jealous.

Ill check out the film.

Thanks.

Seeing live performances has been in my blood for 50+ years. The last 10 months in this COVID world has been the worst- I can't remember the last time I went this long without seeing a show.

Edited by Anybodyhome

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, Anybodyhome said:

I was at The Last Waltz- what an amazing experience. I was only 20 at the time and only later really appreciated how much music history and legacy I was witnessing. 

You want to see an interesting movie- it's on Prime- "Echo in the Canyon" with interviews, footage and the history of the music coming from the Laurel Canyon area of Los Angeles in the mid 60's. (Byrds, Jackson Browne, Stephen Stills, Buffalo Springfield, David Crosby, Graham Nash... they're all in it).

Neil Young had a "band" called The Ducks for a very short time, I think around 76 or 77 and they played a few gigs in some of the Santa Cruz bars. The Back Room, I think, was one of them. I was in a Navy school for a couple months at Mare Island and a guy in the class was from there, so we'd drive down on the weekends.  

There is a really good article on rolling stone this week about the drummer that played in the ducks band and others with Neil 

• Pie 1

I hate admitting this, but the new MGK album is really, really good. 

There's a severe lack of pop punk/punk rock in today's music scene. He got Travis barker to produce the album and it shows. 

It's good guys. I hate that I like it, but I can't stop listening to it. He's way better in this genre than he ever was as a rapper. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I listen to different music for inspiration - from Elvis Presley's beautiful love songs to Limp Bizkit's furious songs about hatred. But recently, I've started to enjoy ambient music because it helps me relax. The problem is that it's challenging to find good ambient music nowadays, especially with unique sounds and instruments. My friend told me that I should check royalty free music libraries as they usually post interesting tracks from unknown authors. He also mentioned that it's possible to find cool stock images there for covers and wallpapers. It's amazing because I need to improve my music app with a good design.