• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Rock comes back to the WWE

YoungPanthers89

I hadn't even heard the rumor that Brock was re-signed. Was a complete shock to me. I heard the crowd chanting for him, but I figured it was just a smart mark crowd being a smart mark crowd.

I'm also interested in The Rock's comment about being WWE Champion again. And it seems Punk/Jericho is set to continue past 'Mania, which is great. I didn't feel they did nearly as much as they could have promo wise leading up to Sunday night. Jericho pouring the beer on Punk was great, and then smashing it over his head... the best is yet to come with those two.

Probably my favorite moment of the night, though: when Brodus Clay came out to help Santino and the crowd chanted "FUNK-A-SAURUS! FUNK-A-SAURUS!" - fuging classic!

That crowd was the loudest crowd and the smartest with the chants I've seen in a long time. I'm surprised Dana White let Brock sign with WWE, since I think he had one fight left on his contract and I'd imagine a no compete clause in it. Vince blocked Brock from fighting after he left the WWE for a long time. Maybe Dana felt bad for him and agreed to not be a dick about it.

• 4 weeks later...

You just knew Vince wasnt going to let Brock win and win for a long run with him being a former UFC champ. Vince is known for burying guys once they sign to the WWE just to make a point. The UFC and WWE arent close to the same thing but their demographic is.

Archived