• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Stewart Reach 1,000 Yards?

Proudiddy

He's got to get 301 yards in 3 games. I think he could get a bulk of that against Denver. I know stats don't really matter, but everyone knows that 1,000 yards has typically been the plateau of an effective season for a RB (although that is not always the case). It would just be awesome if both our backs went over 1,000 yards...

he and williams were neck and neck, both averaging 60 yards a game until arounf week 8 or so when williams started to pull away

ideally we would have another lions/tampa game with denver which would give him around 120 yards or so

a really good game against the giants would be around 60 yards

and then hopefully the saints don't feel like playing spoiler and he gets 120 yards again, if we're not resting him by then

thats a tall order

All I know is we got one hell of a combo back there that when healty I would put up against any others in the league. If he didn't get hurt we would easily have 2 1000 yard backs but this year might be a little tough (though possible). Next year, no problem.

Between the Saints and the Bronco's it's possible. However, if the OL blocks like they did against the Bucs, JAke has a chance at rushing for 1k before the season is over.

OL was the game MVP against the Bucs- no questions asked.

agree'd, williams and stewart made the defense look stupid because mostly they were shrugging off tiny DBs, rarely did the front 7 get their hands on them

After the Washington preseason game, I asked if we would ever have a real game where both our backs went over 100 yards. I, like many, thought it impossible. Not here. Well, it's happed, this season, twice. After years of floundering, a new bar has been set for our running game.

So far, our backs and line have exceeded my expectations, and I would be not at all shocked to see Stewart reach 1000. Traditionally, we have been a team that peaks in December and January, so hopefully the best is yet to come. Do I EXPECT another 300 yard game and Stewart to hit 1000, no. Would I be surprised to see it, not really.

I agree that it is possible but also doubtful. I can't get over how similar these guys are. If they didn't have different numbers it would really be hard to tell them apart when they are running the ball. Both run with power, have shiftiness and good speed when they break into the open. That must be really hard on the defense when they just keep pounding over and over.

What really amazes me is the fact that Foster kept getting the bulk of the carries last year. Did the coaches not see that DWill had what it takes to get the job done? Foster! What were we thinking?!

Archived