• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Stewart Reach 1,000 Yards?

Proudiddy

I agree that it is possible but also doubtful. I can't get over how similar these guys are. If they didn't have different numbers it would really be hard to tell them apart when they are running the ball. Both run with power, have shiftiness and good speed when they break into the open. That must be really hard on the defense when they just keep pounding over and over.

What really amazes me is the fact that Foster kept getting the bulk of the carries last year. Did the coaches not see that DWill had what it takes to get the job done? Foster! What were we thinking?!

That's on John Fox,he did the same thing with Davis/Foster;especially during the Superbowl and all of '05.

I think the fact of the matter is Foster was let go after the season. Whether Williams started last year or not, we still needed Foster in there at times to give Williams a breather. Who else would do it... Nick Goings? Near the end of the season, it was pretty obvious that Fox was upset with Foster's production, Dwill started getting more and more carries and he had several good games to end the season. Don't think for a second that it didn't occur to them. All in all, releasing Foster meant drafting a power rb that foster never lived up to be, and I'm glad we have Stewart now, who know if we would have drafted Stewart if Dwill started last year.

Williams and Stewart are already better than Davis and Foster ever were. Both of those guys are very special and they are kind of similar but Stewart can make all of the runs too he's not just a power guy. Williams is more elusive but he's also capable of running guys over. Stewart never goes down after first contact and hits you like a ton of bricks.

Does anybody really give a sh*t as long as we win? Stewart knows he's a key cog in the offense. So does DeAngelo, the coaching staff, the QB, the front line. One thousand is just a number and if you ask the old schoolers, they'll tell you it no longer means a thing since we now play more games than we used to when it meant something...

If he got 1,000 that would be a great stat to see on NFL.com or something similar. Truly putting a great cap on the regular season of our dominant running game. That said, it would be really difficult to do, as he would have to average over 100 yards a game to get there, probably only touching the ball ten-fifteen times. Not exactly an easy accomplishment.

Archived