• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are other boards saying about Cam ???

Jbro

People that say "Something rubs me the wrong way about Cam" and "Cam is not a true Panther" (heard both of these on the radio) are hating him for reasons other than football. I'm willing to bet the people who said this aren't young black people or young white people.

As an "old white guy" I'm here to say, I'm a huge Cam fan, and have been since he was at Auburn......Luck?....who cares,...I dislike him even more after he went into Durham and raped my Blue Devils (like thats hard to do). GO CAM!/GO PANTHERS!:thumbsup:

As far fetched as you make it sound and as complex and misunderstood as you want to portray some of these people, its really isnt that deep. Its very simple, its very transparent, and its very stupid. Stop making excuses for ignorance, there's nothing smart or progressive in doing that. Giving our weaklinks a shield makes us even weaker.

my god... I think I actually agree with KT...

seriously, I wasn't on the cam wagon when we draft him, I'll admit it, but ever since we took him with that pick, he has made me regret absolutely nothing. he has gone above and beyond the call of duty, in my eyes, to win the fans, players, and coaches over. he has worked his ass off, and he is having fun, and that is infectious.

I am now in love with cam newton, and I know it's early and all, but i hope to god that I was dead wrong about him originally, and early signs point to me eating crow.

the only real explanation I can think of for any panther fan still hating him, is blatant racism.

I love the excuses that are made by the haters. The one that makes me laugh is the most is Cams receivers made a lot of plays for him. Skip Bayless even called LaFell "pretty good" yesterday. Ummm, wasn't the whole story this off season by the experts, the haters, the non Panthers was that the Panthers didn't have any weapons or supporting cast around Cam, ohhh and Steve is slow and lost a step now. Cam lights it up and its, ohhh well Steve bailed him out and his receivers made a lot of plays for him.

seriously, I wasn't on the cam wagon when we draft him, I'll admit it, but ever since we took him with that pick, he has made me regret absolutely nothing. he has gone above and beyond the call of duty, in my eyes, to win the fans, players, and coaches over. he has worked his ass off, and he is having fun, and that is infectious.

I am now in love with cam newton, and I know it's early and all, but i hope to god that I was dead wrong about him originally, and early signs point to me eating crow.

the only real explanation I can think of for any panther fan still hating him, is blatant racism.

Well said, I have a racist uncle that's a Cowboy's fan, and no matter what happens, I didn't expect him to praise him, and he called me and actually did, first thing he said, any white person say's they don't like him is racist, that kid has "it".

Not sure if serious or troll

I doubt its racism, these people just can't accept the fact that he is a good qb and is ready to go immediately out of college. We could actually be a decent team this year....guess that's a scary thought for some because they would be proven wrong.

Ill admit, its a rare thing, but he proved he is ready to go Saturday. These will be the same people saying "i told you so" when he is still playing well in week 10.

lol@ them killing on this girl Jackie who sent in an email saying she doesn't like Cam

I love the excuses that are made by the haters. The one that makes me laugh is the most is Cams receivers made a lot of plays for him. Skip Bayless even called LaFell "pretty good" yesterday. Ummm, wasn't the whole story this off season by the experts, the haters, the non Panthers was that the Panthers didn't have any weapons or supporting cast around Cam, ohhh and Steve is slow and lost a step now. Cam lights it up and its, ohhh well Steve bailed him out and his receivers made a lot of plays for him.

Keep in mind though, Skip doesn't believe half of the bullshyt he spew's out, his role is to play Devil's advocate, and he does it well, cause he keep's people talking.

I didn't mean for this to turn racist, but I can't really think of a whole lot else.

I mean what else are you saying when you say the following

I'm a disgruntled PSL owner and I just don't like Cam. I don't know why though.

or

Something about Cam just rubs me the wrong way, he's not a true Panther and he shouldn't be getting the publicity. I hate the hype he gets.

I mean seriously WTF is wrong with the Panthers having a damn good QB and the Team being front page all over the internet and getting mad TV time???

I didn't mean for this to turn racist, but I can't really think of a whole lot else.

or

Something about Cam just rubs me the wrong way, he's not a true Panther and he shouldn't be getting the publicity. I hate the hype he gets.

I mean seriously WTF is wrong with the Panthers having a damn good QB and the Team being front page all over the internet and getting mad TV time???

Right, that sound's like something a fan of the Falcons, Saints, or Bucs would say!

or

maybe everyone is still use to the john fox ho-hum BS of not sharing anything with the media, vanilla offense, and overall blandness.

or they racist yo.

The sad reality is, it's clear as a picture of why Cam is being treated the way he is but if folks want to still pretend that the pink elephant isn't in the middle of the room and it's whatever these talking heads are nitpicking Cam for, then so be it.

What is even more sad is the reality that our media are the biggest perpetrators of racism and race-baiting. Unlike QBs like Andrew Luck, who is practically in the HOF without even stepping foot on an NFL field, young QBs like Cam, Terrell Proyor, Tyod Taylor and others are always going to have unrealistic demands place on them if they don't end up where some they should in the NFL...Clipboard holders, benchwarmers or backup QB. They will continually be told that they are not good enough to be elite QBs in the NFL and every success will be met with either a scorn or another unmet expectation.

The fact that those who spent the past 9 months scorning and painting Cam in every negative stereotypical light is know acting all shocked because of what he did, reeks of hypocrisy. They act like what Cam did simply came out of the blue. Talk about ignorance at it's best. "oh my God, I didn't know he had that in him." The kid done won every QB award there was to win last year but they didn't expect much from him. In the meantime the kid he beat in every QB catagory is lauded as the next "great white hope" for the NFL...Nope nothing racist there at all.

Cam has to prove himself and prove that he belongs in the NFL, and going #1 isn't the reason why...While the Andrew Lucks of this society gets an automatic free pass..

As an "old white guy" I'm here to say, I'm a huge Cam fan, and have been since he was at Auburn......Luck?....who cares,...I dislike him even more after he went into Durham and raped my Blue Devils (like thats hard to do). GO CAM!/GO PANTHERS!:thumbsup:

I'm an old white guy too.

Man, our team has been the laughing stock of the league over the last year. Even with loosing Sunday, the national media and fans across the nation are finally saying positive things about us because of Cam's performance. I know he's going to have bad days, but he gives us hope, and you have to admit after Reich, Collins, Buerlien, Fansani, Lewis , Craig, Bono , Testaverde,Pete, and yes Delhomme and the 'Pickle", Cam is certainly the most gifted guy we have yet to line up behind center.:cam:

The sad reality is, it's clear as a picture of why Cam is being treated the way he is but if folks want to still pretend that the pink elephant isn't in the middle of the room and it's whatever these talking heads are nitpicking Cam for, then so be it.

What is even more sad is the reality that our media are the biggest perpetrators of racism and race-baiting. Unlike QBs like Andrew Luck, who is practically in the HOF without even stepping foot on an NFL field, young QBs like Cam, Terrell Proyor, Tyod Taylor and others are always going to have unrealistic demands place on them if they don't end up where some they should in the NFL...Clipboard holders, benchwarmers or backup QB. They will continually be told that they are not good enough to be elite QBs in the NFL and every success will be met with either a scorn or another unmet expectation.

The fact that those who spent the past 9 months scorning and painting Cam in every negative stereotypical light is know acting all shocked because of what he did, reeks of hypocrisy. They act like what Cam did simply came out of the blue. Talk about ignorance at it's best. "oh my God, I didn't know he had that in him." The kid done won every QB award there was to win last year but they didn't expect much from him. In the meantime the kid he beat in every QB catagory is lauded as the next "great white hope" for the NFL...Nope nothing racist there at all.

Cam has to prove himself and prove that he belongs in the NFL, and going #1 isn't the reason why...While the Andrew Lucks of this society gets an automatic free pass..

Well versed!

Archived