• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

Lmao@getting Hornets name back. Like they sill dont play in the NBA. Its probably a new Bobcats logo and color scheme.

yeah, when I saw this last night, I wondered if they were going purple and teal. the hornets introduced that stupid yellow when they moved so the color schemes would technically be different.

Hey guys! Very interesting development here. Long time reader/first time poster...I just had to chime in.

I'm the guy that made the petition ( http://www.change.org/petitions/we-beelieve-charlottetake-back-your-hornets-rename-charlottes-nba-franchise-the-hornets ) and Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Beelieve-Charlottetake-back-your-Hornets/110429122320741?sk=wall ) in support of reclaiming our Hornets' name/colors. If you're interested in this whole thing, and you haven't already, do yourself a favor and check us out! Exciting stuff, I gotta tell ya ;)

My (sunny, chronically optimistic) perspective: Mike and the gang recognize the IMMEDIATE impact a rebrand could have on this franchise/city. Even though they can't say so publicly (because of the further damage it would do to the already tepid B**Cats brand), they would JUMP at the opportunity to reclaim the Hornets' brand. The last 2 years of NOLA league ownership have provided that opportunity.

The lease agreement proposed by the Louisiana State legislature is contingent on the New Orleans franchise announcing new ownership by June 1st. NOLA fans have been clamoring for a NOLA-centric, Shinn-free, rebrand ever since the Hornets came to town. Speculation, nay, ASSUMPTION of a rebrand has been rampant among their fan base for years. The lease extension was announced Friday. We hear BigFurryKittyMan's tidbit on a Monday...

I've never been accused of being too terribly rational and sound-minded, but considering the fact that we're talking about 2 teams that share NOTHING other than this issue, that seems like it would be one heck of a coincidence to me.

Listen...the last thing we want to do is stir negativity. I'm a huge B**Cats fan...go to/watch every game since the first season. But I'm a CHARLOTTE fan first and foremost. My main concern is that if something isn't done quickly, there won't be team to cheer for in 5-10 years.

So yeah...y'all should check the page if you haven't already. We're planning to 'Swarm Time Warner' for the March 30th game against the Nuggets. We're gonna be there early, scream like maniacs for our B**Cats, all while sporting our vintage teal and purple. Free pregame keg at Fitzgerald's, and a postgame barcrawl organized by Carolina Nightlife afterwards. It's gonna be a blast, and we'd love to have anybody who's interested! All the details are on the Facebook page.

Whew. Sorry for the novel. Not trying to stir the pot, I just feel like the time for a change is now. The new blood we have...a top-notch draft pick...then that BEE-UTIFUL teal and purple bug...it's almost too much to take :D

We gon be the Hornets again.

So instead of being a shitty team named the Bobcats....we will be a shitty team named the Hornets.

How about actually bringing in some talent and having a competetive team.

All of this "buzz" about a name change is just a poor attempt by the Bobcats to DO ANYTHING to increase interest in one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA.

So instead of being a shitty team named the Bobcats....we will be a shitty team named the Hornets.

How about actually bringing in some talent and havign a competetive team.

Basically. Name change is and always has been a overblown LOCAL issue. Nationally and globally Hornets mean jack and we wont get respect til we start winning. 6 years ago it was "screw the NBA, screw the Hornets, screw the Cats..we never wanted the arena and evil militant carpetbagger Bob built it anyway!" Now in 2012 its "thanks for the arena and all the growth and money that comes with it. Thanks for all your time and hard work the last 8 years, thanks for the hot sexy cheerleaders, but, but I want the Hornets back! Hornets deserve this not those Cats! Purple and teal will make it 1993 again!"

Renaming the team back to the Hornets would be fine with me. But PLEASE DO NOT bring back the teal and purple. I'm 57 years old and i think that color is SOOOO outdated. Gold and black with another accent color would be much better IMHO>

I bleed teal and purple. Seriously, it's a condition. I have to spend eight hours on dialysis every night just to live.

Archived