• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

Why is rebranding from the Panthers stupid? Cuz this is a Panther board full of homers? Everything I said about us losing, our bad merchandising, and lack of national visibility was true. People only want to gentrify and whitewash certain businesses, the Panthers apparently arent one of these teams. No matter how many losing seasons they post. Welcome to Charlotte where diehard sports fans are the bad guys, and the fairweather/casual fans are the stars/heroes of our market. LOL.

This is ridiculous....even for you.

There is no talkd, effort, grassroots group working to rebrand the Panthers. However, even if you don't agree with it, there is a REAL effort in Charlotte to rebrand the Bobcats. There are petitions being signed....websites being made....etc.

Again, just because you don't agree with it and believe that it is an insult to the team....you CANNOT make it go away.

By refusing to discuss it, you are trying to censor REAL news concerning the Bobcats.

And....I am not for or against rebranding. I con't care what the colors, name, mascot for the team are. I would rather the team focus on infusing this franchise with talent....something that the current roster has zero of.

Why is rebranding from the Panthers stupid? Cuz this is a Panther board full of homers? Everything I said about us losing, our bad merchandising, and lack of national visibility was true. People only want to gentrify and whitewash certain businesses, the Panthers apparently arent one of these teams. No matter how many losing seasons they post. Welcome to Charlotte where diehard sports fans are the bad guys, and the fairweather/casual fans are the stars/heroes of our market. LOL.

Reading your wildly off-base, belligerent, hate-filled posts was pretty amusing there for a while, King.

But this...this is just sad.

And more than a little frightening, if I may be frank.

Zod, had it not been for forums like ours story might not have made the local news. Good to see you nip it in the bud before it could grow into that for the Panthers. I watch nbatv everyday and havent seen one story or clip on a Bobcats rebrand. Bobs havent made a single comment. But let the gentrification talk continue

If changing the brand means the team stays then why would a true fan not support that?

The Bobcats are just sooooo generic. The mascot looks like an old matted teddy bear (not his fault, excellent performer). Look at how the Hornets were put together. Look how much detail was put into Hugo and the brand.

There is still a lot of pride in the Charlotte Hornet brand in the area and very many fans would appreciate our nickname returning. If you've been to Charlotte you'll notice the hornets nests on our police cars and on our city buildings and we also have Hornets Nest Park. You can't ignore the history.

Bringing the nickname back would be one of the greatest marketing moves ever in the area period. I'm in full support. Keep our team! Ditch the name!

To be honest, there have been multiple news stories about the rebrand movement on WCNC and WBTV..media in Charlotte, including beat writers and stations, have reached out to the 'Cats about the topic and have received "no comment" or "rebranding is pure speculation"..so the 'Cats have technically spoken about rebranding. The most recent comments by Fred Whitfield led one to believe they were not, NOT interested in the Hornets brand/logo, etc. Those comments have been posted in previous locked threads by Proudiddy.

So yes, this is a topic the Bobcats HAVE commented on and is a real story surrounding the Charlotte Bobcats.

I for one and neutral on the topic and am in favor for bettering the franchise. I want a sold out arena with a very competitive basketball team..and if that means blowing up the team to avoid the 8 seed in hopes of being a consistent contendor I'm for it..if that means expanding the video coverage to include both states, I'm for it..it that means changing the colors or logos making my old bobcats gear retro..im for it. if that means completely rebranding the team and making all of my bobcats gear obselete I am for it. I am for the betterment of CHARLOTTE PRO BASKETBALL.

BOOM BOOM CLAP!!!!! LETS GO CHARLOTTE!!!

Well, thank you for showing what it takes in your opinion to NOT be a fan. So, by your own account, you have now voided your Panthers fan card... Great thread. Thanks for playing. And if that's what it takes, I hope Zod locks every Panther thread you make in the future, considering you're not a fan, you're disloyal, you're disrespectful. Us Panther fans won't stand for non-fans spamming our board wah wah wah *sandy vagina*.

I've never seen a grown man act like such a baby, even on the internet.

There wouldn't be so much discussion about it if there wasn't interest in it. And they aren't going to discuss it on NBAtv because it's against league rules for those employed by the league to discuss it until the name is officially relinquished. Fans are not limited by those rules. We can't be fined for that. Local news can't be fined for that. ESPN can't be fined for that. And that's why all these people are discussing it and hyping it - they want change.

You locked the threads because your grip on Bob Johnson memories of non-glory and shame is slipping away with each and every post and every article. He did NOTHING for this city that any other owner wouldn't do. If Mike could've been the first owner I guarantee we'd be lightyears ahead of where we are now. BJ put us in a hole from the get-go. So comparing that situation to the Panthers is asinine. JR listens to fans, makes adjustments, and he doesn't alienate fans. The one time he did alienate us we went to a Superbowl two years later, and the next time we got Cam. What did Bob get us? Nazr Mohammed?

All this fuss and the hilarious thing is, the rebrand petition now has 4,000 signatures. You, PSC, and two other guys are the ONLY ones I've seen speaking out completely against the issue anywhere (that's including here, BP, ROF, and Twitter). You do the math.

I for one and neutral on the topic and am in favor for bettering the franchise. I want a sold out arena with a very competitive basketball team..and if that means blowing up the team to avoid the 8 seed in hopes of being a consistent contendor I'm for it..if that means expanding the video coverage to include both states, I'm for it..it that means changing the colors or logos making my old bobcats gear retro..im for it. if that means completely rebranding the team and making all of my bobcats gear obselete I am for it. I am for the betterment of CHARLOTTE PRO BASKETBALL.

BOOM BOOM CLAP!!!!! LETS GO CHARLOTTE!!!

this.

Archived