• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2- Carolina (6) vs. Boston (1)

17+89=6

This is the non-goal for the Carolina Hurricanes. Note the small white space between the goal line and the puck.

It took the NHL over 7 minutes to not credit this goal to the Canes last night.

0000.jpg

:mad:

Yep,that was a goal that should have been credited to Frodo,I mean Chad Larose!But it's alright,3-0 is good enough for me!:D

Its Wed. Game Nite Game 3. Series tied 1-1...Look for Boston to make changes especially on the PP.. Mo needs to keep the line changes going...Boston got confused and wasnt sure who was going to be on the Ice...Looking for a good game...

I think this game should be pretty evenly matched. Both teams suffered an embarrassing loss, and are now coming of a two day break. I expect both teams to come out fierce and would not be at all surprised if this was another late goal or overtime thriller.

Man to tell you the truth, I never watched hockey but I knew it was the playoffs and watched game 7 of them versus the devils, holy poo the last part of that game was exhilarating, they straight punked Brodeur or however you spell it, and is it just me or is cam ward the best goalie in the league?

This is the non-goal for the Carolina Hurricanes. Note the small white space between the goal line and the puck.

It took the NHL over 7 minutes to not credit this goal to the Canes last night.

0000.jpg

:mad:

We difinitely got screwed on that call, but it did not hurt us.

However, the Redwings got royally hosed on that call last night....and it cost them the game.

The officiating in these playoffs have become slightly better than comical.

We difinitely got screwed on that call, but it did not hurt us.

However, the Redwings got royally hosed on that call last night....and it cost them the game.

The officiating in these playoffs have become slightly better than comical.

Yes they did, the puck was no way close to being dead. The ref just lost sight of the puck and called it a dead puck........ BS call against the Wings.

Yes they did, the puck was no way close to being dead. The ref just lost sight of the puck and called it a dead puck........ BS call against the Wings.

Yea I just saw that on Sports center, that was ridiculous, is it just me or are the refs in the NHL terrible?

and is it just me or is cam ward the best goalie in the league?

He still has work to do, he is definitely a "money" goaltender (meaning he plays his best hockey under pressure, specifically in the playoffs) I'd put him in the top 8, but he isn't the best, for my money Brodeur is still the best goalie in the league, but he is getting towards the end of his career.

Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Marc-Andre' Fleury, and Niklas Bakstrom are probably 4 of the most consistent goalies in the league. You have to really get all of them moving or screened to score on any of them.

Theres a couple more guys out there making a name, youngsters who very soon could be considered the best like - Varlamov, Mason, Hiller, Price. All in all Cam is indeed a very solid goaltender and if he keeps up his massive improvement then I would say he could be in the running for a Vezina Trophy every year. He just needs to work on his consistency and fundamentals. He is only 24 though , so he isn't even near what he will be provided he keeps at it the way he has been.

It's clearly stated for every ref that if you lose sight of the puck you blow the whistle. Every ref does it, and it happens often that the puck isn't truly "dead". Unfortunately that happened at a very crucial time in the game, but thats what the refs are supposed to do. It was more unfortunate than it was the ref being at fault.

Archived