• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

because if robert baratheon had ever found out, he would have had jon killed

Yeah I get that...because that is obviously in Baratheon's character to do it. However, I haven't seen any indication in the writing that Cat is loose lipped and couldn't keep the secret. That should have been built into her character somehow because Ned keeping this a secret from his wife doesn't make sense (i.e. the loss of 'honor' for Ned, as well as the harsh treatment of Jon by Cat). Unless maybe we're wrong about Jon being Rhaegar's son.

I think that R+L=J, but I've waffled back and forth on whether or not it could be that Ben is Jon's dad, and Ned just decided to take the fall for Jon and the honor of being the First Ranger.

I don't think that Jon is Azor Ahai. I believe that Azor is Jamie and that to get the Lightbringer, he has to kill Cersei. I think in the next book that Lady Stoneheart will hang Jamie, and Jamie will be reborn as Azor Ahai, and ascend to his position of being the light against the coming dark.

On the Azor Ahai thing...

At this point, my prime candidates are the Hound and Jon... I lean more towards the Hound...

ALTHOUGH one of Melisandre's statements is that whenever she looks into the fire all she sees is "Snow" with a capital S...

oh also, I read this just now

I am aware of the TV series moving along behind me like a giant locomotive, and I know I need to lay the track more quickly, perhaps, because the locomotive is soon going to be bearing down on me. The last thing I want is for the TV series to catch up with me. I’ve got a considerable head start, but production is moving faster than I can write. I’m hoping that we’ll finish the story at about the same time … we’ll see.

Season 3 (ASOS part 1): February 2013

Season 4 (ASOS part 2): End of 2013/early 2014

Season 5 (AFFC): End of 2014?

Season 6 (ADWD): Mid 2015?

Season 7 (The Winds of Winter): Mid 2016?

Season 8 (A Dream of Spring): Mid 2017?

highly speculative, and not assuming they split any more books into two seasons...

so basically GRRM would have to put out the last two books within the next 5 years... Should be completely doable...

R+L=J is something I also suspect.

I like the idea of Jamie being Azor Azhai but Jon got setup to become it at the end of ADwD. I really think this is the Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and Daenerys Targaryen show at this point so we'll see.

"A Song of Ice and Fire"... anyone's thoughts on the meaning behind this?

Is it simply R'hllor vs. The Great Other?

Is it Jon Snow's story? (L=Ice + R=Fire)

Is it something else?

My suspicion is Jon + Daenerys vs. Tyrion is the end game. I think this addresses what you have written.

This conflict of deities is the abstract conflict between these forces or vice versa. Otherwise a new villain will be introduced to represent the power coming forth from the north. I think Tyrion is being set up to become that power but we'll see.

Archived