• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

Id love to know why you think this

Well, first off, nobody knows anything about where Howland Reed has been this whole time, and the only evidence we have that he even exists is history and him sending his "kids" to aid Bran.

With he and Ned being such good friends in the past, one would think that he'd have done something to aid in the North's cause during the War of Five Kings, or anything at all to show up other than sending the aforementioned kids.

There are lots of theories about Howland Reed that I have read over the years... ranging from him being a warg, a greenseer himself, Jojen being Howland, etc. etc. etc. But the one that makes the most sense to me, if you pair the books with the show, is that the High Sparrow that kind of mysteriously waltzes into Kings Landing and takes some control back is none other than the Crannogman himself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1yljs8/spoilers_all_high_septon_tinfoil_theory

That link was a year ago, but some of the points they hit on were ones I was picking up on and hinting at when I made that post in 2012.

If Howland = High Sparrow/Septon, then he alone could attest to the legitimacy of Jon's (or Meera's, if she is a twin) claim and parentage, should they ever find their way to King's Landing...

The show isn't waiting for George and George isn't going to make the show wait. He will get TWOW out before season 6 then drop the last book ADOS when it's ready. The show will have been over for probably 3 to 4 years at that point. But the endings and the way they both get there will be different enough so it's not a big deal.

howland isn't the high sparrow. The only reason George hasn't shown him yet is because he literally has all the important information so he needs to wait to use him. There's a reason George gave him a floating/Invisible castle where he can only be found if he wants to be.  

Archived