• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

315 x 5 SOJA?  You got 365 easy, Maybe more...

I been hitting it about the same for the past 6 months.  Still into the powerlifting and set a new deadlift PR two weeks ago today.

Just started back squatting after a month off to let my left knee heal up a bit, got some tendonitis going on there...

Deadlifts this morning at 10:30

Been thinking about doing some group exercise stuff.  There's a local place in Charlotte called Iron Tribe Fitness [they have many locations].  Can't do much olympic style lifting at Gold's.  Can't get much cardio in between sets [other than jump rope when no one is there].

315 x 5 SOJA?  You got 365 easy, Maybe more...

I been hitting it about the same for the past 6 months.  Still into the powerlifting and set a new deadlift PR two weeks ago today.

Just started back squatting after a month off to let my left knee heal up a bit, got some tendonitis going on there...

Deadlifts this morning at 10:30

thank you that really means a lot

good luck man, hope that knee feels better 

I just got a new work out program called Body Beast to do with my husband. Starting it today, I'm curious how big it's gonna make me. 

I went through the whole program a few months back.  It's effective at building muscle.  But that's because the nutrition plan is insane.  You'll be eating a lot.  And unless you pay very close attention to every small detail, odds are you will gain body fat.  But it's great if you want to be strong.  Good luck.

I went through the whole program a few months back.  It's effective at building muscle.  But that's because the nutrition plan is insane.  You'll be eating a lot.  And unless you pay very close attention to every small detail, odds are you will gain body fat.  But it's great if you want to be strong.  Good luck.

Eating plan is always the hardest part for me. Did you do the shakeology or make your own shakes?

Eating plan is always the hardest part for me. Did you do the shakeology or make your own shakes?

Made my own shakes with whatever flavor protein I wanted.  I supplemented with Isagenix.  I doubt you will be wanting to bulk up like the guys that take the program, so you could probably scale back on on all the calories to maintain body fat while still building muscle.

I also have this pain in my wrist from a broken arm I suffered, and its fugging killing me with anything bicep related. My other main issue is not having a partner, so I get nervous about benching or trying to max out certain things without a spotter. Idk what to do about that.

You could try taping your wrist. I broke my wrist when I was younger and I immediately took of the cast and it never healed properly. So I tape my wrists at the gym from time to time and it helps.

Did the first work out last night and really liked it. I was thinking I might not have use of my arms today but so far so good. I'm really looking forward to the leg work outs. 

They double up on Chest and Tris or Back and Bis each week, I think I'm going to deviate from the schedule and turn that into an Insanity cardio work out for me. 

doing crunches will not burn fat. your body doesn't know you want to lose fat from a specific part of your body. fat is a survival mechanism, and you will lose it uniformly across your body. If someone tells you you can "spot tone" they are lying to you.

Burning fat is about eating at/causing with exercise a caloric deficit. If you keep consuming more calories a day than you burn, through both just existing and through exercising, your body will keep turning it into fat cells for the upcoming hibernation period that will never come. 

As far as ab exercises, crunches are useless. Learn how to do compound lifts like squats and deadlifts which require you to engage your core. 

doing crunches will not burn fat. your body doesn't know you want to lose fat from a specific part of your body. fat is a survival mechanism, and you will lose it uniformly across your body. If someone tells you you can "spot tone" they are lying to you.

Burning fat is about eating at/causing with exercise a caloric deficit. If you keep consuming more calories a day than you burn, through both just existing and through exercising, your body will keep turning it into fat cells for the upcoming hibernation period that will never come. 

As far as ab exercises, crunches are useless. Learn how to do compound lifts like squats and deadlifts which require you to engage your core. 

even ab machines? i can ab machine like a bro now

Fiz is a smart guy, and I know he loves lifting, and he is absolutely 100% right about fat loss...   But, I have to disagree with him on crunches being useless.  I know lifts will help, but from personal experience, crunches absolutely worked for me in my prime shape.  I did a regimen every night consisting of variations of crunches and then reps with an ab wheel and I had an 8-pack with people asking me what I did to get them. 

I posted the pics here of my abs from back then, and I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in this thread.  So in my experience, crunches work great.  But nothing works to make your abs pop of you have fat covering them, which is why that cliche "great abs are made in the kitchen," couldn't be more true.  I will say though, in recent years, I've noticed a trend in a lot of workouts I've been trying out to get away from crunches and more towards stuff like hanging leg raises/bicycles, planks, static movements using gravity (like six-inches) and as fiz mentioned, relying more on lifts to have a residual effect on your abs.  I don't know if it's just a trendy thing, but like I said, crunches worked for me, but I had less than 10% body fat at the time too, among all the other things I was doing exercise-wise. 

Archived