• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tannehill starting for Dolphins tonight

Not talking about where he came from but how he came about. Tannehill was a receiver at A&M then switched to QB. He really wasn't on any one's radar and didn't do much to warrant the pick he got.

But Cam has been a QB all his college career. People knew of Cam when he went to UF and the type of prospect he was. And when he was on the field he performed. The type of hate and criticism he got was much less warranted than Tannehill.

Sorry you're wrong. Tannehill played quarterback in texas (in highscool) against Andrew Luck and RGIII. He was a QB his entire career at A&M, however, with a injury depleted WR crew, he stepped up and asked to help since he was a backup QB at the time. He still went to QB meetings, and practiced on his own as a QB, while also compiling really good #'s at WR.

So while Cam was wearing a baseball hat backing up The Golden Calf of Bristol, and playing at Blinn college, Tannehill was doing as much as he could to help his team as a backup QB (playing WR). Then when he got his chance at QB he ran with it.

Sorry you're wrong. Tannehill played quarterback in texas (in highscool) against Andrew Luck and RGIII. He was a QB his entire career at A&M, however, with a injury depleted WR crew, he stepped up and asked to help since he was a backup QB at the time. He still went to QB meetings, and practiced on his own as a QB, while also compiling really good #'s at WR.

So while Cam was wearing a baseball hat backing up The Golden Calf of Bristol, and playing at Blinn college, Tannehill was doing as much as he could to help his team as a backup QB (playing WR). Then when he got his chance at QB he ran with it.

I realize that Tannehill came to A&M as a QB. Rarely do you see top schools pull a random WR to become their QB. I understand his background as QB.

I am saying that Tannehill was doing well at the WR position and transitioned back to the QB where really didn't do that great to warrant the pick. He has funky mechanics and didn't have much experience as a QB in college. He was over drafted and the concerns were warranted.

I don't understand where I was wrong.

EDIT: Oh and I don't think he was playing WR strictly because WR was "thin." I am sure it had a lot to do with not making QB1 at the time.

I realize that Tannehill came to A&M as a QB. Rarely do you see top schools pull a random WR to become their QB. I understand his background as QB.

I am saying that Tannehill was doing well at the WR position and transitioned back to the QB where really didn't do that great to warrant the pick. He has funky mechanics and didn't have much experience as a QB in college. He was over drafted and the concerns were warranted.

I don't understand where I was wrong.

EDIT: Oh and I don't think he was playing WR strictly because WR was "thin." I am sure it had a lot to do with not making QB1 at the time.

Everything I bolded was said EXACTLY about Cam.

He was playing WR cause it was thin and he was a backup QB, I already said that.......

Everything I bolded was said EXACTLY about Cam.

He was playing WR cause it was thin and he was a backup QB, I already said that.......

Right but Cam was more unwarranted. Cam produced on the field and was a very accurate passer. I am not saying they aren't similar because one didn't receive criticism and the other did. All I am saying is that Cam received unwarranted criticism where Tannehill was more warranted. I get Cam didn't play all 4 years but he was never asked to switch to WR. He was playing behind, arguably, the greatest college football player to ever play. There was little doubt in what Cam brought to the table he just needed to go somewhere where he could showcase it. And he showcased it more than Tannehill.

Obviously you cant start at QB and WR at the same time. So if he was starting at QB he wouldn't have been asked to play WR. He couldn't win out at QB so he opted to play WR.

Obviously you cant start at QB and WR at the same time. So if he was starting at QB he wouldn't have been asked to play WR. He couldn't win out at QB so he opted to play WR.

And now he is a first round pick with a chance to start his rookie season so why does it matter?

Newton was a back up his first two seasons as well.

Yeah good for him. It doesn't matter where he started.

But, that's not what I was arguing.

What are you arguing? That he wasnt worth a 1st round pick? If he beats out Matt Moore to be our starting QB, how isnt that warranted? 32 people in the world start for nfl teams, if he is one of them, it's warranted, especially with his massive upside.

I hope tannchise wins the starting gig

Miami fans have been suffering long enough with poo QBing.

Seriously, and this is without googling, and in no specific order....Since Marino Retired in '99

Fiedler, Feely, Griese, Culpepper, Harrington, Frerotte, Trent Green, Lemon, Beck, Henne, Pennington, Lucas, Moore, Thigpen, Huard, Rosenfels

16 starting qbs in 13 seasons. Disgusting.

What are you arguing? That he wasnt worth a 1st round pick? If he beats out Matt Moore to be our starting QB, how isnt that warranted? 32 people in the world start for nfl teams, if he is one of them, it's warranted, especially with his massive upside.

If you go back to my original post, all I said was that Tannehill's situation shouldn't be compared to Cam because the majority of the concerns of him were warranted. When you watched him play he was overhyped and didn't warrant a top 10 pick. He wasn't necessarily a accurate passer and wasn't efficient.

Now I get the Dolphins needed a QB for the future and he has upside but I got why he was criticized.

Archived