• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen may be key for success against Giants

BountyHunter

Sorry guys, I threw this thread out there and got busy and have been unable to respond.

While i agree that the giants are susceptible to the run because of their pursuit, I also think that makes them vulnerable to quick passes over the middle to Olsen.

This is one wrinkle that Chud hasn't exploited yet and I could see him dialing up a few plays to counter the Giant's pressure.

I'm sure he will be blocking his ass off when play calling warrants it. That is one area where he's worked hard to improve. I just think it's time to reward that effort.

I'm not sure why people are so quick to doubt Olsen just because he only caught one pass last week (which gained us 13 yards and a first down). He did a pretty good job blocking for the running game on Sunday. I usually notice when he's blocking poorly, and on Sunday I hardly noticed him. He must have been doing something right. It's not easy racking up 70 yards anyways when your quarterback is finding other open targets for free.

Lafell pretty much played Olsen's role on Sunday, and it worked out well enough that there was no way we could have given the ball to everyone. Olsen has proven that he has hands of glue and he's solid at picking up first downs in clutch situations. If Cam needs him in the passing game, I don't doubt that Olsen will step up. We have plenty of offensive weapons. Don't be surprised if we rack up 30 points without using one of them.

Archived