• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Herm Edwards is an idiot.

Skew

I agree with kurb and mintal, that I would look past his faults if it would give the cats a superbowl. First of all, he doesn't have to play qb. He could be a punt returner, kick returner, situational qb in wildcat, or wr, or whatever we wanted to do with him. He will play for the league minimum when he comes back, unless a bidding war ensues between different team(raiders would probably be involved). The guy lost everything he has and spent like 2 years in prison. He might be a scum bag, but the league is full of those and he will almost definitley be a changed man. That would be something for JR, Fox and Hurney to decide.

The loss of my dog has nothing to do with this.

He did his time for gambling.

No time served for what he did to the dogs.

No time served for running a dogfighting organization across state lines (Felony)

No time served for stealing funds from a company pension fund (Felony).

So don't give me that poo that he has served his time.

Well Skew, I don't agree with your points,. he did serve time in a pretty tough federal jail for federal crimes committed. But I certainly understand your points and respect you enough as a person to not argue about it. Have a good evening...

I wasn't implying anything.

I was illustrating that many fans will do anything for a Superbowl.

Even cozying up with a someone with questionable morals.

sounds good... thought you were making the point of those bolded above... :thumbsup:

Well Skew, I don't agree with your points,. he did serve time in a pretty tough federal jail for federal crimes committed. But I certainly understand your points and respect you enough as a person to not argue about it. Have a good evening...

Don't know your friends, but I have one in particular that was at the wrong place at the wrong time and has a felony against him. Dude can't find a job at all and yet Vick should be allowed a 2nd chance to make millions for the massacre of dogs?

Then again, I guess this thread quickly turns into a much bigger issue. And life isn't fair.

I have no sympathy for Vick. If he has to do construction all his life, isn't that a 2nd chance?

Always comes back around to those with fame get off easier than us regular people.... but a 2nd chance? at what? what are we really talkin about here? the NFL or what the rest of America deals with?

I find it a bit off to say his 2nd chance "standard" should be set to playing in the NFL again.

Don't know your friends, but I have one in particular that was at the wrong place at the wrong time and has a felony against him. Dude can't find a job at all and yet Vick should be allowed a 2nd chance to make millions for the massacre of dogs?

Then again, I guess this thread quickly turns into a much bigger issue. And life isn't fair.

I have no sympathy for Vick. If he has to do construction all his life, isn't that a 2nd chance?

Always comes back around to those with fame get off easier than us regular people.... but a 2nd chance? at what? what are we really talkin about here? the NFL or what the rest of America deals with?

I find it a bit off to say his 2nd chance "standard" should be set to playing in the NFL again.

regular people's second chance isn't getting to play in the NFL because they aren't good at playing football.

Always comes back around to those with fame get off easier than us regular people....

Well, I think your friend deserves a second chance as well if he served his time, guilty or not. Have none of us ever screwed up? I would think so but you can't prove that around here, we're all angels... :lol:

I'm not trying to defend Vick, I don't like him any better than anybody else, but he's served his time, the time the courts gave him, it's time to bury the hate and boo him on the field, and he'll be on the field, don't doubt that...

regular people's second chance isn't getting to play in the NFL because they aren't good at playing football.

ah, so whether OJ killed someone or not isn't the issue. It's a double standard.

The Commish doesn't have to reinstate Vick. Either he's worthy to uphold the NFL image or he's not. And that is why Goodell wants to hear a sincere apology.

My point isn't whether he is good in the NFL or not when people say "give him a 2nd chance". My view is... He has a 2nd chance, in the real world. His 2nd chance doesn't HAVE to be set to a high standard like playing in the NFL....

When you say, "he deserves a 2nd chance, he served his time." That doesn't necessarily mean he deserves a 2nd chance in the NFL. It could very well mean, he is a free man and can go out into the world like everyone else. He did commit a felony after all, a very brutal one at that.

Well, I think your friend deserves a second chance as well if he served his time, guilty or not. Have none of us ever screwed up? I would think so but you can't prove that around here, we're all angels... :lol:

I'm not trying to defend Vick, I don't like him any better than anybody else, but he's served his time, the time the courts gave him, it's time to bury the hate and boo him on the field, and he'll be on the field, don't doubt that...

and to your point here, I would respond as I did above. I understand your not trying to defend Vick. You're point is on that 2nd chance, and so is mine. A brutal felony is a brutal felony. That doesn't mean you are granted a 2nd chance in the NFL when you murdered and tortured dogs. His 2nd chance just as rightfully could be walking free outside of gates and guards.

and to those who play in the NFL who have committed heinous crimes... that doesn't make that situation or Vick any more right or wrong.

------------

and as Skew has pointed out (which we can ignore if we want our point to stay valid), he technically hasn't served his time.

He's done his time true. Maybe he'll get reinsated and have a second shot in the NFL.

Talent aside though I don't want Panther coverage to be on the circus inside and outside the stadium about Vicks' past if/when he comes back. Let some other organization deal with that baggage. He's not the guy I want to be the face of the franchise. Win or lose with the likes of Beason, Williams, Brown and company. I'll take the wins and losses with no regrets not having Vick on the roster.

Said on NFL Live today that Carolina would be a good fit for Vick when he gets off parole to run the wild-cat formation.

Um, Herm, Jerry Richardson doesn't want any convicts on his team.

And neither do the fans.

Dumbass!

I'm not even high but that is funny. I actually use to like Vick (except when we played him), when my Pit Bull died I even buried her in a Vick Jersey (before he got busted for fighting Pit Bulls). I really don't like the guy, I actually almost dug up my dog to get the Jersey. There is a but though, we wouldn't take him, no but he would be a good fit.:D

I agree 100%.

Don't understand why his "second chance" should be any different from any other fellon who has served his/her time.

Archived