• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Kevin Greene

I'm not going to lie. I am disappointed that we didn't get Phil. I don't really buy that he didn't want the job (although that maybe true), and all reports are saying that Phil was stunned when the Lakers decided to go with D'Antoni, because he "fit their current roster better". However, with saying all of that... I do think that the Lakers will be very good under Mike D'Antoni, but I'm not as confident about being able to beat the Heat now. The Heat have a great defense, and are very athletic. This Lakers team should be able to score well over 100 points a night, and D'Antoni has never had a defensive player like Dwight Howard in the middle. It does make things very interesting to say the least.

D'Antoni was the right choice. His system fits that team better than the triangle. In the triangle, Nash becomes a spot up shooter a la Steve Kerr. Wasn't that one of the biggest problems with the Princeton offense? You sign one of the best offensive PGs of all time and then relegate him to being a spot up shooter. Yep, that makes sense.

Had Nash had someone like Howard who could run and actually protect the rim in Phoenix, instead of whatever revolving door they could piece together at center and a washed up Shaq, that team probably wins a championship.

I doubt we see anything as fast paced as the Seven Seconds or Less Suns but this was the right move. D'Antoni is a players coach and with a team of veterans, like the Lakers, that's the best fit.

Lakers will look really foolish if this doesn't work out and by doesn't work out I mean if they don't win it all. The media will have a field day every time they struggle and suggest they should've went with Phil Jackson.

D'Antoni teams don't play defense and can't win championships. That's what all the critics say. Media is going to destroy the Lakers.

Archived