• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

So the beta closes tonight, and I've had a chance to put in a little bit of time between the 360 and PS3, though I haven't played the PVP (not interested at this point because I'm not too good at Halo PVP).  I really like the game.  I like the story, the missions, the challenges for me, and the gear.  It's fun.  I haven't had a lot of luck with Fireteams, but then again, I don't have a ton of friends on XBL or PSN.  I just really like the game.

It's not for everyone.  The hardcore FPSers who gave the Halo community a terrible name are still there.  Check the bungie.net forums...ewww..  Some people don't like the amount of content (those who hate DLC), soome don't like the gear grind, and people have been finding all kinds of flaws in the game.  I do really enjoy my time.  I like the feeling of success when I beat a boss, and frankly some of the attacks like a Titan's punch or headshots with a sniper rifle, or the Warlock Nova Bomb are really satisfying for me. 

I look forward to getting my preorder and enjoying what I can when I can.  I don't have tons of time so the Xbox DLC delay isn't a big deal for me.  PC master race folks will laugh and scoff at me, but I look forward to enjoying some Destiny soon!

PS - Plus I love being able to manage my characters from the app...I spend a lot of time checking my dude out =)

If you're like me, and dying a little bit everyday in before the game launches:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/31/destiny-what-a-level-29-badass-looks-like-a-ign-first

That really makes me excited for the game.  I'm also actually excited for the end game after watching this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

Some folks are going to really bemoan the lack of match making, but having play games with match making, I'm glad we have to actually work with people you kind of know.  Or at least you know they want to do well.  In LOTRO, I remember getting stuck with a healer who was constantly AFK because of his bowels.  Or the hunter who had to keep checking their screaming kids (talk about screwed up priorities!)...

I like that you have to figure out a way to find people to run these with. 

Well, there we go, I really can't wait until this game comes out =)

Yep. I can't wait to get a crack at him! I've seen in many videos where he takes forever to down.

Got to keep blasting those legs, and rezing your team members. I'd thing your heavy weapons would be really important there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yep. I can't wait to get a crack at him! I've seen in many videos where he takes forever to down.

Got to keep blasting those legs, and rezing your team members. I'd thing your heavy weapons would be really important there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

i really hope they adjust the health of it, it was way OP

Idk if I was just playing with good teams or what, but he only took 10 minutes to kill and I don't really remember dying by him.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

that is true I think I was the only one aiming for the legs

• 5 weeks later...

So it's almost Destiny day...if you haven't seen it, here's the slightly humorous live action trailer...

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Live-Action-Trailer/en/News/News?aid=12089

It's super campy and cheesy, which is what I expect for a video game!

Anyone else here got their pre-orders situated?  I'm picking up my xbox 360 version on Tuesday after work.  I'm so freaking excited!  Also, there are more of the Bungie crew and tester profiles coming out...seeing the names of places and the gear has my inner loot ***** standing at full attention.

I think that's what's getting me exited the most.  Secretly, I'm a huge loot *****.  I love shiny stuff!  See y'all on Tuesday!

Archived