• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

I also found an amazing engram farming area on Venus. Got 46 of them in a little over 20 minutes in this little courtyard, almost all green, but 7 blue, and 1 legendary. It's at the entrance to Ishtar academy, Greg on one side and goblins on other end and they keep spawning.

Yeah, that farming area is ridiculous. Hope they fix it though. Takes away some of the excitement in getting great drops.

I really hope they figure out this centipede error code. I spent 10 minutes earlier just trying to play ANYTHING. It seems to come and go in spurts. Once you weather the storm, you're good for about an hour, then you get booted, but only that one time for another hour. Maybe it's just the traffic on the servers that they haven't gotten around to addressing just yet, since they're still ironing out details and putting in the raid?

Xbox One here.... Gamertag: TheJuiceBoxRox

Hit me up if you want to roll sometime. I've mostly been doing patrols in Old Russia so far just to level up a little before I head to the Moon. I usually only get a hour worth of play time each night due to work, son's football practice, and spending time with the family.

Xbox One here.... Gamertag: TheJuiceBoxRox

Hit me up if you want to roll sometime. I've mostly been doing patrols in Old Russia so far just to level up a little before I head to the Moon. I usually only get a hour worth of play time each night due to work, son's football practice, and spending time with the family.

Not sure if it's different from PS4, but I would say avoid trying to pre-level. At best, get on the level difficulty of the mission. I've found that I get better/more frequent drops (two rare items in the last hour) if I just play the mission, level be damned. Sure, you're gonna have a tougher time, but the rewards are greater (and it's a lot more fun to actually struggle in this game).

For the most part, you should level up along with the missions. I don't expect you'd hit a spot where you are more than two levels behind the mission at any point as long as you are doing them in level order and fighting every enemy you see (and taking the optional events as they come up). I just beat a Mars mission as a level 14, and I inadvertently ran into like, 5 level 17's. Was a doozy, but I got through it (found out after I FINALLY took them down that I didn't even NEED to go to that part of the map, as all I had to do was have an interaction about 200 meters before then and the mission was over).

So... You're in the tutorial stage... Hate to say it but... You'll prbably never make it to the actual game... They just released the first raid a day or so ago.. You have to realize this game is not your typical FPS. It's more like a FPSMMO/Diablo3 type deal. They were laying the foundation of what the story could be but that will keep being revealed over time as they release content.

In order to even attempt a raid.. You'll need to be lvl 26 which after you make it to 20.. It'll be based upon your gear. On top of that you'll need to get a group of 6 guys that you'll want to play with frequently so that you can work together as a team better because you WILL need it.

Also on Normal difficulty the first time you make it through the raid will take around 11 hours or so.. Depending on the skill level of your group. I'll post a link of a review that pretty much nailed it on the head but basically in a nut shell.. Destiny is never ending... It's more along the lines of

Halo/WoW/Diablo3 all meshed into one.

This is an MMO, in all reality. It has it's FPS aspects thrown in, but they don't overpower the game.

After having a few Strike missions with 2 of my buddies, I'm starting to see what this game truly is (at level 17). It's all about how you build your character and how you work with your fireteam. The story is just a backdrop to the fun of the game. Casual gamers will most likely not like this game. If you're the type to invest a few hours, at least, at a time to a game in one sitting, then you may well enjoy it.

A lot of the pissy reviews are coming from people who want instant satisfaction when MMOs are not built that way. I hated DC Universe Online until I hit the cap and realized that the story is just to get you to the truly fun part of the game. Right now, the game is actually pretty empty. Or maybe they just dedicate your field of play to the mission you're in (I haven't done any patrols yet). I imagine that once everybody has had a chance to play through the story missions, you'll see people all over the game's universe doing all manner of things. THAT'S the cool part about it. The optional events that launch randomly in each planet are pretty cool too.

The game is engaging if you are into this type of game. If you want a snappy FPS, this is not the game for you. If you want something to sink your teeth into, this is the game for you. It's really that simple. I won't be buying any FPS for a good long while (traded in BF4 towards my Destiny pre-order) simply because this game satisfies my FPS thirst and gives me SO much more than any FPS game can. Hell, this may well be the only game I play for months. I seriously enjoy it that much.

I made the big switch earlier this week from xbox 360 to PS4 and bought the Destiny bundle. I'm currently a level 15 Hunter and I'm still having fun with this game, also anticipating the new content they will be rolling out in the future. 

Since I'm new to the Playstation Network, I need people to game with in order to complete more strikes and raids.

My PSN is Lev1athanz and feel free to add me!

So, I've seen tons of people complaining about Destiny's story... Think about this and see if it changes things for you:

1. It's a "10 year" game, so maybe this is just Chapter 1. The Intro.

2. What if it turns out... POSSIBLE SPOILER!?!?

The Traveler & The Ghosts are the bad guys and you are just a foot soldier for them?

Think about it. How many times does this game tell you to "Kill them all!" or "Slaughter the Fallen"? And why is it the "enemy" has names like Knights, Wizards, and Acolytes while we are Titans, Hunters, and Warlocks? The names of our class choices are some what sinister compared to the "bad guy"s.

Extra Thought. What if WE are The Darkness. Guardians are the ones who spread through the galaxy and destroyed everything. It's kind of funny how once the Guardians are BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD, the Darkness returns? Maybe, just maybe the Fallen, The Hive, and The Vex are fighting us because WE are the evil forces.

And just another thought... Correct me if I'm wrong but the Traveler came from Mars or Venus and the settled into Earth when the darkness started to close in. WHAT IF, the traveler is actually a Star-Eating entity that destroys entire solar systems and was making its way to our sun when it got stopped on earth by the Darkness. Then went into a hybernation of sorts and sent out the Ghosts to recruit the Guardians (Who actually were dead people brought to life as a Zombie work force... Kind of) to protect the Traveler until he could build up enough strength to destroy our sun. That could explain why the Fallen, Vex, and Hive are chasing it down but still fight one another. The Traveler did the same in each of their solar systems. That explains why the "Darkness" follows the Travel. The darkness is actually the aftermath of it's previous destruction catching up to it in the form of pissed off species.

The amazing part would be if down the line... Bungie lets this story unfold and you then choose which side you want to be on (Destiny 2). You can either stay with the guardians and fight the "good" fight, or join a rouge faction and play as rebels. That would also be a way to bring a little PvP into the PvE gameplay. Say you are on patrol and you spot a "rebel fireteam" doing their own mission. Then your mission pops up to stop them at all cost. BOOM! Would make an already great game 100x better.

So that's my crazy conspiracy theory that a lot of other people on reddit have ran with and found all kinds of other things to back this up. Your thoughts?

BOOM! Huddle iPhone app.

Archived