• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith: Gameplan scary

NewEnglandAFChamps

Yeah well his pure talent is cut in half because of lame attitude while Smitty's talent is double because of his fiery attitude. He said it(best WR) not I, but it should be considered. Laugh all you want chump, you guys will be reminded how he ripped you back in 05.

umm... pretty sure he hasn't had any problems for a few years now, unlike Smith...

funny you talk about moss's hands cause hes been dropping some easy ones this season. still smithis better no doubt Moss is just more physically gifted.

Smith>>>>>>Moss this year. Moss has had more "highlights" shown of dropped passes this year than amazing plays.

I like the idea of the running game being strong enough to take the focus off Smith, thus allowing Smith to be used in "sneaky" fashion. Worked well in the Bucs game, and I'd love to see it work well down the stretch.

As far as Smith vs Moss or any other of that type receiver, again my criteria in those debates is simple: Which guy can do something that the other guy can't?

Deep routes: both guys can do that

Going up and fighting for the ball: ditto

Running across the middle: Moss isn't in Smith's league here (though Smith is underused there of late)

Taking a short route and making something happen: Again, not a Moss specialty, but we've seen Smith do it plenty.

Regardless of how you rank your top five or who you think is "best", there are at least a dozen tall, speedy receivers that can do the same things Moss does. Likewise, there are a share of small, shifty receivers who can do a lot of the things Smith does. The question is how many receivers can do both.

That's a short list, and Moss isn't on it. Smith is. He's not alone, mind you, but it's a pretty exclusive club.

i dunno about that... if I had to throw a touchdown pass to win a game, not give him a route and let him make a guy miss and go in to score... if I had to just throw a pass and have a receiver go up and get it to win a game, I would want it to be Randy Moss... he has the best hands of any receiver, EVER. he is the best pure RECEIVER in the game. I did not say he is the best at his position as the game has evolved to where they need receivers to do more, but as a pure receiver he is without a doubt the best in the game, certainly right now, and possibly, all time. I'll tell you though... Bryant looked SICK last week... that one handed catch in the end zone... omg... that was Moss-esque.

Oh really, so why that didnt happen a lot in the Superbowl like earlier in Pats season

The offense of Carolina is already potent, but the f*cked up thing about it is that Steve Smith the best WR in the NFL and one of the best ever hasn't really been unwraped this season yet. Imagine trying to defend him along with the run? dayum. (Sweet revenge for NYG beating us last year in the SB)
Yeah,I have family up in southern NH and in Vermont,I love it up there.SS is our only big receiver,so he gets double or triple covered,it seems Moose aint quite doing the trick of drawing em off Steve.Jake has a tendencie(excuse me,I'm tired and drunk)to only hone in on SS,I wish he would spread the ball around.Until we have some other legitimate threats other than Zoom and Boom,SS is going to be covered like fly paper,but he will get away to make some beautiful catches once in a while to spite his enemies.

OOO OOO I KNOW I KNOW!!! You should run the Wildcat formation with Steve Smith!! yeah yeah... that would work... well, I mean, since this guy just stated the obvious, leaving this thread with no real purpose to it, I figured I might as well spice it up a little bit. I mean, god... my 2 year old nephew can stand up and say "GIB STE SMIT DA BAHLL!!" and he would look just as smart as this thread... O wait... sorry, i'll stop, I forgot it was a Pats fan that started it... it all makes sense now. he learned everything he knows about the panthers from watching tapes he made of them.
Alright now,that was pretty funny Gman!:lol:

As far as Smith vs Moss or any other of that type receiver, again my criteria in those debates is simple: Which guy can do something that the other guy can't?

Deep routes: both guys can do that

Going up and fighting for the ball: ditto

Running across the middle: Moss isn't in Smith's league here (though Smith is underused there of late)

Taking a short route and making something happen: Again, not a Moss specialty, but we've seen Smith do it plenty.

Regardless of how you rank your top five or who you think is "best", there are at least a dozen tall, speedy receivers that can do the same things Moss does. Likewise, there are a share of small, shifty receivers who can do a lot of the things Smith does. The question is how many receivers can do both.

That's a short list, and Moss isn't on it. Smith is. He's not alone, mind you, but it's a pretty exclusive club.

as I said, in the evolved game of today, teams want that receive that can do everything, that is an all around guy, and Steve Smith definitely wins that hands down, as he can run the ball, can catch it over the middle like a tight end or running back usually does or catch it deep. as just a pure wide receiver though, i would still say moss. it's true that Smith can do more, and that's why I do think he is one of the best weapons in the NFL and that he should be used more like Bush is used, only smarter, and should be much more a part of the panthers offensive production.

i dunno about that... if I had to throw a touchdown pass to win a game, not give him a route and let him make a guy miss and go in to score... if I had to just throw a pass and have a receiver go up and get it to win a game, I would want it to be Randy Moss... he has the best hands of any receiver, EVER. he is the best pure RECEIVER in the game. I did not say he is the best at his position as the game has evolved to where they need receivers to do more, but as a pure receiver he is without a doubt the best in the game, certainly right now, and possibly, all time. I'll tell you though... Bryant looked SICK last week... that one handed catch in the end zone... omg... that was Moss-esque.

I'm going to say that fitzgerald has better hands than randy moss... and that Steve Smith is the most feared wide receiver by opposing teams defensive coordinators (they all say they're afraid of him)

Archived