• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Thing is Certain: Competition at an All-Time High

Good posting! I agree, this team has gotten a lot better this offseason. Camp's gonna be very interesting, that's for sure.

I agree that the team will (or should) sign a FA guard before everything's said and done. I don't think it'll be Moore though, he'll be asking for a Levitre-esque contract.

I was wrong. Moore can probably be signed with a cheap 1 year contract, for a bit over a million.

Good post. I do feel that the bottom half of the roster has drastically improved. I feel like Gettles has put us in position to have fresh talent in our various sub packages which will allow us to compete better in the fourth quarter of games and late in the season. I think they know it would be unwise for them to try to completely fill out the roster via the one year deal before the draft. Now we know where we're stronger, and what positions we need to invest in now that the draft has taken shape. . .

I was wrong. Moore can probably be signed with a cheap 1 year contract, for a bit over a million.

this.

We just drafted a young G that needs some time to develop. Bring in a vet for a 1 (maybe 2yr) contract and let the young fella learn adn season behind him.

Hangartner was supposed to fill that role when we brought him back, but he is just not getting it done.

Joe Adams is a lock for a roster spot, 5 locks not 4. . . . and that last spot belongs to #12. He's gonna show you why in TC.

Adams does have  shot. It is up to him to prove he is the player we want him to be. IMO,  If he wants to be a Panther, he has to show out and kill Barner, and everyone else.. He had better be BPA throughout the offseason, right up to last cuts. Because if he can't be trusted to return punts, he has no value.

All Adams has to do is beat out Ginn and Barner to win a job.

Same with Gettis. He had better show up if he wants a second chance. If he ain't pushin for playing time, he has no value.

In my short time with Gettlemen, I don't see him as the type to hang on to those no value guys too long.

This is why I'm not that worried about safety spots. Mike Mitchell is a guy with physical talent that never quite peaked. Campbell and Naka are hard working guys and they are going to bring their best into TC. Sherrod Martin may have a say as well. Lester looks like a guy to take seriously as well. We will end up with a safety with a chip on his shoulder and ready to ball. We may not end up with a pro bowler but I'm totally expecting a decent safety coming out of that group that won't be a liability. Competition brings out the best in people. Same goes with CB.

Would like to see if Nelson Rosario is in the mix as well at TE.

I hope you are right about better safety play because our green coaching isn't capable of developing a game plan to mitigate this weakness.

Adams is in his second year. I dont think he would stay on the practice squad long if they tried to stash him. Pilares got a free ride last year, Armanti has gotten multiple. It would be very aggressive to cut him when he's just coming off his rookie year. I agree he has to show something though so its not really a lock. I'll still consider it very probable, it might as well be.

Adams is in his second year. I dont think he would stay on the practice squad long if they tried to stash him. Pilares got a free ride last year, Armanti has gotten multiple. It would be very aggressive to cut him when he's just coming off his rookie year. I agree he has to show something though so its not really a lock. I'll still consider it very probable, it might as well be.

Part of me would love to see Adams make the team. Because it would mean he has cleaned up his act and can be a productive member of the this team.

But, in all honesty, I can't see both Adams and Barner making the team. Which ever one shows out the best would probably have the leg up. Neither one was much of a reach, so letting one or the other go is not going to cost much.

Which ever one wins the battle should make us better. That is all that really matter in the long run.