• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Carolina Panthers going nowhere with Ron Rivera, Cam Newton"

Adam Schein has been a Panther hater since he predicted the Panthers to will the SB the year after they lost the SB to NE...and the Panthers made him look stupid. Schein knows nothing about the Panthers, save what he reads in headlines. He drools over the big market teams. His opinion means nothing because he has no idea what he is talking about.

So indirect,he might be predicting our superbowl run,hell yeah!!
  • Pie 1

I don't know about Rivera.

Newton, IMHO is a fabulous athlete learning to be a QB at this level. Again, not trying to belittle him but there were two games clearly in his hands to win and he lost them.  This is the year he must make clutch plays.

As for Colin and Russell there are not two more complete teams in the NFL than Seattle and San Francisco; but, even with those two, when they needed to make plays they made them.

As for RG III, I don't take him seriously, sorry, with NFL Sunday Ticket  I would catch some of his games.  Some of it was luck, some strength of schedule and some of it people not having enough tape on him at the NFL level.  He did not make smart plays with his body which does not speak to his longevity in the league.

I like Newton, a lot but I don't know how he will do.  That's up to him.

As for the commentators with Newton, maybe they think Newton loves himself too much for them to love him.

At the end of the day, it does not matter if he wins.

Actually...wasn't anything major.  He was ripping on Mac for the source of the article, suggesting that Schein was a national writer who doesn't pay enough attention to the details of small market teams (that don't win).  Then he comes back with a sarcastic "no, I like Adam".  I'm sure at least 1/2 of his agenda was discrediting a competing source to his.  

I did say in my post as a unit with Cam we are stronger, yes. But my point when you compare our running backs to their running backs, in my opinion, Doug Martin is a better performing running back on his own than our combined unit of DeAngelo, Stewart and Tolbert.

Last season DeAngelo put up 737 and 5 TDs; Stewart put up 336 and 1 TD; 183 yards and 7 TDs.

As a running back unit they put up a total of: 1256 yards, and 13 TDs.

Last season Doug Martin put up 1454 yards and 11 TDs on his own. LeGarrette Blount put up 151 and 2 TDs.

As a running back unit they put up a total of: 1505 yards and 13 TDs.

So when you compare our very well paid running back unit, they produced less yards than the Bucs, and the TDs were tied. So while I'd love to say that our unit is stronger than Martin, if that kid continues to push on, and ours continue to perform as they do, then he will easily surpass them. For me, if I was asked would I rather have Cam+DeAngelo and Stewart (I count Tolbert as a FB), or Cam+Doug Martin, I would take the latter.

Now I like our running game, but it is hard to argue that DeAngelo and Stewart have performed since getting their contracts. Blame Cam's introduction, and our OC, but neither guy's form has been amazing. If they continue in that vain we may end up looking for another starting running back in the near future because their production for their contracts isn't really acceptable.

If you use last years stats to support your arguement, you have to include Cam's numbers.

If we had chosen not to run Cam last season (instead giving the ball to our RB's)....then our RB numbers woudl have been higher.

Your logic is flawed.

I love his logic in another article where he suggested that the Giants have improved by signing Dan Connor and Louis Murphy (guys that were not good enough to be on the bottom of the Cowboys roster and our roster which according to him are 2 of the worst 4 teams in the NFC).

I don't know about Rivera.

Newton, IMHO is a fabulous athlete learning to be a QB at this level. Again, not trying to belittle him but there were two games clearly in his hands to win and he lost them.  This is the year he must make clutch plays.

As for Colin and Russell there are not two more complete teams in the NFL than Seattle and San Francisco; but, even with those two, when they needed to make plays they made them.

As for RG III, I don't take him seriously, sorry, with NFL Sunday Ticket  I would catch some of his games.  Some of it was luck, some strength of schedule and some of it people not having enough tape on him at the NFL level.  He did not make smart plays with his body which does not speak to his longevity in the league.

I like Newton, a lot but I don't know how he will do.  That's up to him.

As for the commentators with Newton, maybe they think Newton loves himself too much for them to love him.

At the end of the day, it does not matter if he wins.

You have some valid points to your argument, but i disagree about Colin and Russell making plays for their team. Those two teams are driven by their defense. For example in the Super Bowl when it was time for Colin to make a play he throws an interception right to Ed Reed. People are quick to get on Cam but what they dont understand is that Cam carries this team. Cam can sit in the pocket and deliver accurate passes when he's not on his back. Kaepernick can't do that as he proved in the super bowl and neither can Russell Wilson(although I think he is a lot better passer than Colin) as he proved against the Falcons. I can pretty much guarantee you that if Cam was the Quarterback of the 49ers or the Seahawks this year, they would have won the Superbowl because that's how good he is. Without Cam on this team we are 2-14 at best.

You have some valid points to your argument, but i disagree about Colin and Russell making plays for their team. Those two teams are driven by their defense. For example in the Super Bowl when it was time for Colin to make a play he throws an interception right to Ed Reed. People are quick to get on Cam but what they dont understand is that Cam carries this team. Cam can sit in the pocket and deliver accurate passes when he's not on his back. Kaepernick can't do that as he proved in the super bowl and neither can Russell Wilson(although I think he is a lot better passer than Colin) as he proved against the Falcons. I can pretty much guarantee you that if Cam was the Quarterback of the 49ers or the Seahawks this year, they would have won the Superbowl because that's how good he is. Without Cam on this team we are 2-14 at best.

We pretty much agree.

Colin made a lot of plays for San Fran to be where they are...but, my point is they didn't have the same pressure that Newton did and if they did, they wold not be as successful.

I like a Newton a lot.  He is just a lightening rod for everyone's opinions.   If he had not fumbled in Atlanta and had not short armed a TD pass against Seattle, the Panthers would have been 9-7 and an extra loss on Seattle changes the playoff picture. Those

were the highlights on Sportscenter and NFL network and the web while Colin, Luck,

and RG III were winning games.  That's the perception.

...particularly for a guy who does the Superman pose constantly.

Like it or not, fair or not, the QB has the ball in his hands, he has to make plays. 

Cam has not yet had that critical, defining long drive for a TD with the ball in his hands to win the game against a quality, still playoff hungry team. Until he does, he's just another QB as the only statistic that matters is a W.