• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals Thread - (2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (1) Miami Heat

X-Clown

Win or lose this series, I forsee major changes coming to this Heat team this offseason. D-Wade has fallen off faster than any star I can remember, and Bosh just seems like an odd-ball that doesn't fit their scheme well 

James shouldn't have to have his shot working to make a significant scoring impact. Drive to the rack, draw fouls - that's one of the reasons he is so great his ability to draw fouls and get to the charity stripe

None of it last night though

They weren't letting him drive.

First off Leonard is fast and has a 7 footer 3.75 inch wingspan. On top of that when Lebron started to get past Leonard they forced james back out by moving up the defense and cutting his drive off. The Spurs are going to make James shoot jump shot's or pass the ball this series.  That's why he didn't shoot that many free throws, because he didn't get too many chances at driving the lane and getting fouls. 

Criticism against the team, sure. Criticising a guy who clearly played a good game, was not the reason his team lost and calling anyone who sees is that way as a "fanboy", no.

As far as calling LeBron the greatest (assuming you're referring to all time), you're pretty much creating a strawman.

I'm just calling it like I see it. Whether it's here or in the media it's always "oh boo hoo Lebron didn't get any help, look at how awful his team is playing". No help? They have arguably the most talented roster in the NBA.

Don't even get me started on his flopping or Wade's dirty playing.

As for the greatest, yes people are making such declarations. The Jordan comparisons are asinine.

I literally feel like lobotomizing myself after watching ESPN endlessly compare them.

I'm just calling it like I see it. Whether it's here or in the media it's always "oh boo hoo Lebron didn't get any help, look at how awful his team is playing". No help? They have arguably the most talented roster in the NBA.

Right now that doesn't appear to be the case, if youre watching the games, rather than just looking at big names. Wade didn't score in the 4th quarter and was invisible during much of the Indiana series. and bosh is more interested in shooting 3s rather than getting rebounds or playing defense. Shane battier has played so bad that mike miller is playing ahead of him.

As far as citing ESPN, they are village idiots as much about the NFL so what do you expect?

Just to further the Lebron James shooting woes, I think it had something to with Leonard. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9352355/tim-duncan-delighted-determined

James was 2-8 when fronted by Leonard. With someone else defending him he was 5-8 from the floor.  That's 25% shooting against Leonard and 63% against anyone else. 

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400467195

Kawhi Leonard guarded LeBron James on 6 of his 7 2nd half field goal attempts in Game 1 and held James to 2-of-8 shooting and 6 points overall in the game. James' average field goal attempt was 16.4 feet from the basket against Leonard. Against all other defenders, James went 5-of-8 from the field with 12 points and average shot distance of 8.9 feet.

Just to further the Lebron James shooting woes, I think it had something to with Leonard. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9352355/tim-duncan-delighted-determined

James was 2-8 when fronted by Leonard. With someone else defending him he was 5-8 from the floor.  That's 40% shooting against Leonard and 63% against anyone else. 

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400467195

nah, that's 25% shooting against Leonard. He's sure to get plenty more harassment from the 2nd year player.

Hopefully the people who were crowning the Spurs champs can curb that nonsense. It's going to be a long series IMO. The Spurs have to win 2 of the home games tho because if they don't I don't see them winning.

Archived