• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Skinny people bashing

Cat

Well I've noticed big women love posting stuff about "curves" on Facebook when all they have in reality is rolls. The less-easy on the eyes type... they love posting about real beauty is on the inside.

tl;dr: women post things to make themselves feel better

Likely so, i just wished they realized that in the process they're being rude to others.

Then again girls are so fuging catty maybe they realize it.

Is an apple considered curvy?

anyway

This stuff is normally a slight put down due to a lack of self confidence and jealosy. Either you are doing something they choose not to do or you have been blessed with good genes. Either way, comments like that are generally not meant as compliments, BUT, you can take them that way.

kudos to you

Old Joke (you're not too skinny if you have more than two stripes in your pajamas)

My ex deals with this almost on a daily basis. She was a part owner of a restaurant and a snooty lady came in with her young daughter and my ex offered the little girl a free cupcake out of the pastry display. The snooty woman responded by telling my ex it looks like she should keep the cupcake and eat it herself because she was too skinny. Apparently she said it in a very mean spirited way.

My ex proceeded to thank her for her for the remark, lifted up her shirt to show her the 2 foot scar down her stomach from her 8 surgeries, and told her that she has Crohn's disease that prevents her from absorbing any food and will eventually kill her so maybe next time she should think twice before commmenting on how skinny someone is.

She gets comments like that all the time but never says anything back to people or explains why she is so skinny but I think that woman put her over the edge.

and now this poor woman is divorced as well??

man i feel sorry for her - and damn you JR

Cat is a very attractive gal. People think its fine to throw insults because they feel its obvious she is more attractive than they are so the insults shouldn't hurt much. They are more for making the fat chicks feel better about themselves.

Could you imagine if I said that to an overweight person. "You're too fat", "you're nothing but fat" , "you wouldn't be so hot if you weren't so fat"

Yeah, they tend to get mad if you say these things but if you're at least 10 feet away then it becomes too much effort for them to get up and do anything.

this thread is useless without pics!!!!

nah...other than the people I care about, I really could give two shits about anyone's opinion of me....fat, tall, balding, ugly, I've heard them all....and that's just my wife!!!!  

people are going to be ignorant for a long long list of reasons...best you can do is nod and smile and carry on. 

Archived