• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Cuts Thread...

Zod

I'm very surprised by the Tauren Poole cut... hopefully we can stash him for another year on the practice squad. I liked what I saw out of him more than what I saw from Smith.

Surprised about White. He never really stood out to me. I wonder what that means for Dockery.

Dockery probably will go to IR. White might be cut if we pick up another CB.

I'm very surprised by the Tauren Poole cut... hopefully we can stash him for another year on the practice squad. I liked what I saw out of him more than what I saw from Smith.

Surprised about White. He never really stood out to me. I wonder what that means for Dockery.

Quietly, he had the 2nd most tackles for the panthers in preseason and was never really out of position, which is more than you can ever really hope for from UDFA's.  I honestly thought he was a year away from making the active roster, but it's great to see he proved me wrong.  He'll be a great project for the panthers and he'll get some valuable experience this season.

• Pie 1

I don't think it's bashing to say AE hasn't done anything of note in preseason games. I mean, as a fan, what have you actually seen from the guy? Someone said he works hard? Cool, so does almost every other person in the NFL. Working hard does not equal a roster spot.

I'm sure there are going to be better wide receivers cut in the next few hours. And while AE might be a cool folk/hometown hero, it's about having the best 53. Not about having feel good stories.

• Pie 4

I don't think it's bashing to say AE hasn't done anything of note in preseason games. I mean, as a fan, what have you actually seen from the guy? Someone said he works hard? Cool, so does almost every other person in the NFL. Working hard does not equal a roster spot.

I'm sure there are going to be better wide receivers cut in the next few hours. And while AE might be a cool folk/hometown hero, it's about having the best 53. Not about having feel good stories.

Contrary to popular belief there is stuff that happens besides just those 4 preseason games where coaches evaluate.

• Pie 2

Watched the guy first hand at camp. Was really impressed with his development. We've already sunk the worst 3 years into him. What will one more really cost us?