• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers Cuts Thread...

Zod

He always looks good during preseason. Always. Gettis has actually caught a TD pass(es). He got run down by a god damned punter for fugs sake. A PUNTER.. I don't give a fug if he showed a hairline of improvement. He should be in the unemployment line with the rest of the cuts.

Edwards knew the PlayBook, Gettis lined up wrong against Ravens. As long as he's been on the team he, Gettis, should know the PlayBook too. Yes he got ran down by a PUNTER, that had a good angle and maybe Edwards was a little winded. After all he changed positions from a QB that runs maybe 60 yards a game to a WR that runs maybe 700 yards a game. And of course these numbers are a guess on my part. I'm not saying that I'm in favor of cutting Gettis, I'm saying that for the first time I'm in favor of keeping Edwards. 

They knew what they were getting with hixon though. He's also simply an all around better receiver than gettis.

fixed, at least for my perspective.

gettis may be faster and more athletic, but from the sound of it hixon may understand more about the game and his role and respnsibilities, ie he may require less coaching and work than gettis would.

@josephperson: #Panthers have signed wide receiver @bbersin10 to their practice squad.

@bbersin10 is Brenton Bersin for the RT right tackle/retweet people

@josephperson: #Panthers also expected to sign wide receiver James Shaw to the practice squad.

Dang.... Gettis' injury is either really serious or he's really done here in Carolina!!!