• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

Zod

12-7 loss to a Super Bowl contender because of a fumble on the 7 yard line and The Huddle goes bat sh*t crazy.

Why yes, I'm happy just losing to good teams.  It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Effort is what matters in the sport, anyway.  Everyone is a winner.  The entire NFCS gets a nice little trophy regardless of where they finish.

Alternatively, we can see the opportunities we had to take control of a game and beat that Super Bowl contender into the ground in the first half, that we failed to do.  We lacked the killer instinct, and I think that comes from the top.

Probably would have worked just fine had D-will not fumbled

I don't really like that all the blame is going on a D-will fumble.  Greg dropped passes.  We made ridiculously conservative play calls at certain points.  Our defense finally gave up a huge f'ing TD.  I mean, we just didn't get it done... the D-Will fumble may seem like the last straw but there were points in that game where we didn't even need to get to that point...

• Pie 1

What would this thread title be if we had taken shots down the field which resulted in three Newton interceptions?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking what the defense gives you (especially a defense like Seattle).

I recall the majority of you guys complaining that Cam never hits his open guys underneath... Well he finally starts to do that and now people want him to go back to airing it out 30+ yards on every pass.

The Panthers executed a solid gameplan and lost on turnovers, mental errors, and drops (which all are easy to fix).

To be honest, the only visible coaching failure was starting Thomas over Norman.

Other than that, I would say the coaching staff did a pretty solid job.

• Pie 6

While I am concerned, I think it's a bit early to start blaming Shula just yet. It seems to me teh big difference between teh two teams yesterday can be summed up with one word: receivers.

The Seahawks receivers made some beautiful plays while ours either had untimely drops (Olsen) or just couldn't get open. Between the drops, personal fouls and fumble, we simply beat ourselves. 

You simply cannot have those mental mistakes against any quality team and expect to win - regardless who the OC is.

• Pie 1

I didn't say it was all D-will's fault.. but he did fumble inside their 10 with 5 mins or so left in the 4th. Sure as hell didn't help anything.

Fug it I will say it. "IT WAS D-WILLS FAULT!!!" If you are playing a tight game and your team has a chance to pull off a score and you put the d_m ball on the ground we will not nor did not win the d_m game. Simple!

I liked what we did yesterday.  Execution let us down. 

This is a common misconception people have.

The execution yesterday was just about what every team has on every sunday. No team completes every pass or plays mistake free football. All teams fumble the ball. The difference is, their offensive gameplan is such that it overcomes these issues and puts points on the board.

Cam had a good QBR. D-Will's YPC was good. As a whole, the execution was fine.

The strategy was not going to score us many points, that is the problem.

• Pie 4

The Seahawks receivers made some beautiful plays while ours either had untimely drops (Olsen) or just couldn't get open.

The seahawks had plenty of drops as well, but their offense was able to attack and overcome them. Funny how that works.

Why yes, I'm happy just losing to good teams. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Effort is what matters in the sport, anyway. Everyone is a winner. The entire NFCS gets a nice little trophy regardless of where they finish.

Alternatively, we can see the opportunities we had to take control of a game and beat that Super Bowl contender into the ground in the first half, that we failed to do. We lacked the killer instinct, and I think that comes from the top.

Weird, I don't recall saying I was happy losing, but if taking things out of context helps you sleep better at night...

But being in a college football environment every day and learning from talented coaches has allowed me to see the bigger picture.

We didn't get the outcome we wanted, but we have a lot to be happy about and tons of good things to build on.

• Pie 1

I didn't say it was all D-will's fault.. but he did fumble inside their 10 with 5 mins or so left in the 4th. Sure as hell didn't help anything.

Credit the Seahawks defense for the 30 yards in penalties that put the Panthers there in the first place. If not for their screw ups, it would have been a punt.

Yes, this article is bat poo crazy.

Or... you are being overly dramatic.

not sure which.

Someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Just because you lose doesn't mean that your team and coaches suck.

I'm not saying your opinions are wrong but at the end of the day is writing a long story going to affect the outcome of the Panthers next game?