• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams Hitting His Stride

Zod

i doubt he'll get much attention until he finds his way into the endzone.

bad thing for him in that regard is he's pretty much the 'between the 20's' guy. they've got other plans for other guys when they get in the red zone or at the end zone.

he has been really impressive, tho.

The whole recent notion that this is a passing league and therefore good running attacks aren't important is negated by the fact  that 6 of the top 10 rushing teams made the playoffs in 2012.  And 3 of the four teams that played in the Championship games last year were on this list. The other Baltimore was 11th on the list.

• Pie 1

The whole recent notion that this is a passing league and therefore good running attacks aren't important is negated by the fact that 6 of the top 10 rushing teams made the playoffs in 2012. And 3 of the four teams that played in the Championship games last year were on this list. The other Baltimore was 11th on the list.

I think the notion is....if you build your team right you don't need to spent tons of money on your backfield.

• Pie 6

And we honestly don't even really need Stewart back with Williams as our primary rb and Tolbert and cam for short yardage.

Actually we do need Stewart especially in the middle part of the season when where going to face tough defenses. Stewart can run inside the tackle better  than Tolbert e has better speed to hit the hole and can be used to get our drives going to give rhytm to the offense,soften up the defense and eat clock towards end of the game

Tolbert  & Cam would be our short yard situation and use William to stretch the edge & hit home runners. We just have to stay committed to the run game  and let the Offensive line continue to Gel.  :cam:

I'm excited to see Stew back in the mix as others have pointed out he is better at the in between tackle runs not to mention he doesn't typically go down after the first hit. I foresee him softening up the defense and then d lo busting them wide open for the home run. As long as the o line continues to gel and improve throughout the season I see the return of double trouble to be nothing but a good thing for this offense and what we are trying to do which is to dictate the flow of the game and wear the opposing defense's down while demoralizing them. The key here also will be to see barners progress with holding on to the ball and how we utilize him in the ground and air game. Should be exciting and interesting for those of us that appreciate this type of offense.

• Pie 1