• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Begin Head Coach Search?

carp24000

Guest Spider Monkey

This is horrible to have leaked, seems like the FO has already given up on Rivera. Doesn't instill much hope in the fanbase either because it looks like they've given up this year

No they haven't. Gettleman is a real GM. This is his way of sending a message to the coaches and players.

"Win. Now. Or I am gonna fug poo up."

• Pie 3

1 candidate knows....they can't reach out to nfl coaches during the season right? Meaning someone outside the nfl has been notified. Any predictions?

A background check isn't technically "reaching out" since it doesn't require any contact with the candidate.

Still, it's a pretty big 'ouch' to have this come out now. Only real defense is "due diligence".

Wow.

Distraction or motivation?

Yooo this is perfect MOTIVATION for Chicos laid back azz. Seriously thou I think Getts saw something in the way he coached the end of last year when it was desperation time. He again put on his attack game plan when staring a must win in the face. Now he leaks a little info he coaches us to a playoff appearance saves his job and our seasson win win. ( i hope)

• Pie 5

it's actually smart the more i think about it. this is what i was talking about when we hired DG. it starts from the top with him.

rivera is a players coach. if the players wanna see Rivera stay they have to perform. If Rivera wants to stay he better put the peddle to the metal.

It can be viewed as a distraction or motivation. It will show what kind of coach RR is. And lets be honest we've played our best ball when Rivera has been on the hot seat.

• Pie 6

Hope this is true.

I'm not sold after 1 solid win against the Giants (zero wins) & where our DL was insanely in BEASTMODE.  We will see in November against the Flacons where we really are.  The cards, vikes, rams & bucs would all be beat by the talent on this team with a top notch coaching staff.  Time for Rivera to put up or shut up.  Come to think of it, Rivera actually doesn't say much 1 way of the other.

it's actually smart the more i think about it. this is what i was talking about when we hired DG. it starts from the top with him.

rivera is a players coach. if the players wanna see Rivera stay they have to perform. If Rivera wants to stay he better put the peddle to the metal.

It can be viewed as a distraction or motivation. It will show what kind of coach RR is. And lets be honest we've played our best ball when Rivera has been on the hot seat.

Oh, it's definitely a smart move to be doing it.

Probably would have been better to not have the media find out about it though :(

• Pie 2

A background check isn't technically "reaching out" since it doesn't require any contact with the candidate.

Still, it's a pretty big 'ouch' to have this come out now. Only real defense is "due diligence".

You think Gettleman needs to 'defend' this?! 

Not me.  Rivera has had plenty of time to put a winner on the field.  He's never put the team in the running for the playoffs, even with some great talent overall.

I hope it's not only true, but that we actually make the change.  NFL is a win now league & he has shown that he can only win in garbage time.  If we go to the playoffs, he may deserve to stay, but nothing less.

I am likely the moves Gettleman is making, so far.