• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Begin Head Coach Search?

carp24000

I agree. He knows every game counts as a must win....I don't think anything could motivate him further from what he already knows.

If it was a legit leak, it was for the players sake.

I don't buy that...

All I buy is Richardson forced RR/Cam on him for one year.....and then he can move in his own direction. Why his real investment was on a DG defense.

DG IMO could have helped RR by fixing some glaring issue on his OL. Had the ability to upgrade and didn't.

• Pie 2

I don't buy that...

All I buy is Richardson forced RR/Cam on him for one year.....and then he can move in his own direction. Why his real investment was on a DG defense.

DG IMO could have helped RR by fixing some glaring issue on his OL. Had the ability to upgrade and didn't.

you don't buy anything positive about DG. period

• Pie 1

Seems to me coaches come in two types: Innovators and Game Managers

Regardless of the type, the coach must win.

We all know who the innovators are and we all know who the game managers are.

The question becomes, even if Rivera by some act of God or other influences, is better than 8-8, does the organization invest yet another year in him?

Has he reached his ceiling? Perhaps Gettleman has seen enough to believe, what he sees is all he is going to get, combine that with a 77 year old Owner and I would say its probably going to be Lovie Smith time in Carolina...no chances will be taken on a coach who can't get there or who hasn't been there in the first place.

I just do not see Rivera as even a decent game manager, his decisions cost his team victories whether it is in strategic decisions before the game, adjustments during the game or personnel decisions and groupings.

If Ron wants to keep his job, he better win the next 3 games at least, and then have at least one marquee win against a 5 star team...NE comes to mind on Monday night, at home, national audience.

• Pie 1

1 candidate knows....they can't reach out to nfl coaches during the season right? Meaning someone outside the nfl has been notified. Any predictions?

It could imply that the candidate that has been reached out to is Lovie Smith, who is not currently employed in the NFL. I don't think any restrictions would stop us from letting him know that we are interested.

I feel like this story has some merit, but it also has to do with making sure Rivera knows there is a fire burning red hot under his ass, and just because he beat a lowly Giants' team doesn't mean that his job is 100% safe.

I don't buy that...

you think Getty didn't want this leaked?

That makes no sense Mr. Scot. Sorry...

But if those guys decide not to extend based on that, then they are off to an unknown team with a new coach anyways. Assuming they get signed elsewhere.

Actually it makes perfect sense.

These guys are making career decisions.  Who the head coach ia has a pretty big effect on that career.

The Hurney-led Panthers were tight lipped, Gettleman might believe in using the media to send messages. 

I think it's more accurate to say the Panthers have been tight-lipped under Richardson.

Either way, Gettleman doesn't strike me as the type to work through an intermediary.  I'd say if he wants to tell you something, he'll just tell you himself.

I don't really get it. So are we wrapping the season up already and throwing it out? I was in the mind set this morning that if we win today were 2-2 and very alive

Not really. Any team with a coach on the hot seat does this kind of prep work in October.

You don't want to be caught with your pants down in January when you need a head coach.

Rivera can still very much save his job with at least 10 wins, IMO

• Pie 1