• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - 49ers Gameday Thread

Zod

Consistent with the hype this game is getting, it is big.  It is a real test of whether we are a capable mediocre team that beats up on the junk or dare I say, one of the elite.  Seattle wasn't a real test b/c they were missing starters and we hadn't gotten our MOJO yet.  The offense didn't start clicking until a few games later.

Keys to the game (IMO)...

1.  Cam - which one shows up today ... accurate and efficient OR the other.  Rivera seems to think Cam gets a little 'pumped' for the big games, which results in a little too much on the ball.  Billick says the overthrows are flat.  Shula needs to get Cam involved early.   Incorporate a couple planned runs for him in the first drive so he gets dirty and can settle down. 

2.  Boldin & Davis -- Yikes.  We struggled with Gonzo last week.  Today, we have another Gonzo with more speed,  and Boldin.  Can we create enough pressure to give our DBs and LBs a chance.  This is huge.

3.  WRs -  dropped passes kill drives.  None of them can have a bad day.

I've been watching the Panthers from Australia and now Singapore for the best part of 12 years now, but only since the advent of Gamepass over the past couple years have I been able to watch every game (I watched the odd primetime game that was shown on TV, playoffs and such - I remember having X-Clown on VCR and watching it over and over).

I've come to really love watching Carolina, probably not as much as I love my Aussie Rules football club, but enough that I get up at stupid o'clock every Monday and watch, and find myself getting really emotionally involved.

One thing I have never been, even before the Superbowl/playoff games (because I wasn't nearly as invested in the Panthers then), is *nervous*.  And I am now.  It's the biggest game I can remember and I can't wait. Roll on 5am!

• Pie 9