• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

None of the SG's can shoot. I'd prefer a guy like Embiid and Nik Stauskas or Doug McDermott. Plus, you don't pass on a potential (key word) superstar C because you have a soon-to-be 30 year old C who is having problems staying on the court right now who is on a 2/3 year contract.

Not to mention he helps our transition offense because he is a phenomenal outlet passer.

None of the SG's can shoot. I'd prefer a guy like Embiid and Nik Stauskas or Doug McDermott. Plus, you don't pass on a potential (key word) superstar C because you have a soon-to-be 30 year old C who is having problems staying on the court right now who is on a 2/3 year contract.

Not to mention he helps our transition offense because he is a phenomenal outlet passer.

This times a 1,000. Al Jefferson isn't even an All-Star level guy in the league. He's a Top 40 or so player who has battled injuries, can't play defense, and is only here a couple of years tops...because we overpaid him. We won't pass on BPA and reach on a guy like Wayne Selden when an Embiid is still on the board because we need a shooter. They can be found for cheap in FA. 

Wiggins is what we need or parker

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I hate Duke as much as the next UNC fan, but Parker is a flat out stud.  I like him the most out of these big 3.

Wiggins has all the potential in the world, but he is almost too ambivalent.  He doesn't have that killer take over instinct yet.

Doesn't mean he can't develop that.  I felt the same way about Lebron when he came out, and now he is as clutch as anyone, and is not afraid to just put the team on his back and will a team to victory.

You guys aren't watching the Bobcats games if you still think we are still a bottom 5 or 6 team in the league and going to get a good draft pick. Only way we get a top 6 pick is if we win the draft lottery which has never been favorable to Charlotte. We are looking like a playoff bound team or a late lottery selection right now. 14 games into the season and we are sitting at the 6th seed in the East. If the draft was tomorrow we would be picking 15th or 16th, which then would force us to give our pick to the Bulls to finalize the old Tyrus Thomas trade. The only bright side is we will be receiving the Blazers pick this year for the Gerald Wallace trade but that will be somewhere even later in the 20's.

Temper your expectations for an early lottery pick because you will only end up pissed off starting another stupid thread. Enjoy the season, we have a playoff caliber team with 3 starters under the age of 23 (2 of them under 20), and enough cap space to make another Al Jefferson type of move next offseason when Ben Gordon gets off the books. We will be contending for the 4 & 5 seed in one or 2 seasons and that should be plenty to be grateful for given the garbage teams we have had since the Bobcats started up.

Joel Embiid would fit in well with Biyombo as overhyped lottery picks not worth where they were chosen.

I like how you single out Biyombo instead of using any of the hundreds of players who have been selected in the lottery over the years who have turned out to be terrible picks, many even worse than Biyombo. Heck, just from that same draft you could include Derrick Williams, Jan Vesely (who was picked right before Biz), Brandon Knight, and Jimmer Fredette.

And I disagree with your opinion. But obviously you have some underlying hatred for Embiid so I guess there's no use arguing.

I dont know what the hell is going inside Cho and MJ's fuggn stupid heads. The first time, the fuggn first time! that we need to TANK a season and it's looking like they're trying to do the exact opposite: WIN!  We're a lot better than most bad teams, that we could eventually sneek in the playoffs as the no8 seed. Still we need to TANK! I dont know if that's MJ trying to do something supposed to be "spectacular" before we rebrand to the Hornets or what. But, if we do not get a top5 pick, that's the worst thing MJ will ever do to this franchise, not to mention his previous bad draft pick busts in the past. It's looking like MJ is killin the franchise year after year.

Everyone saying that the lottery is rigged (I agree first off), but this may be the rare year it helps us if so.

The Hornets rebrand is insanely popular. MJ owns the team. Stern/Silver know what MJ has done for the league and know that Charlotte needs a star. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the ping pong balls bounce our way to help market the rebrand and thrust another budding contender into the mix. And as weird as it is, the Panthers rise could also be helping, as Charlotte is getting more national attention now as well. /conspiracy

I like how you single out Biyombo instead of using any of the hundreds of players who have been selected in the lottery over the years who have turned out to be terrible picks, many even worse than Biyombo. Heck, just from that same draft you could include Derrick Williams, Jan Vesely (who was picked right before Biz), Brandon Knight, and Jimmer Fredette.

And I disagree with your opinion. But obviously you have some underlying hatred for Embiid so I guess there's no use arguing.

I definitely DO include Williams and Vesely in that as well, I just mentioned Biyombo simply because he was the only one Charlotte drafted. If another team drafts a guy and he busts, well, I don't really care because it's not my team. 

And I really don't have an underlying hatred for Embiid. For the most part, I just don't think this team needs him as much as it needs a shooting guard or a swingman who can score points. 

Wiggins also can't shoot or dribble. Even before he started playing at Kansas I didn't see what everyone else saw in him. Besides his obvious athleticism. But that's it.

wiggins can shoot and dribble... where have u been... he might not shoot as well as jabari yet but he will develop a jumper

You guys aren't watching the Bobcats games if you still think we are still a bottom 5 or 6 team in the league and going to get a good draft pick. Only way we get a top 6 pick is if we win the draft lottery which has never been favorable to Charlotte. We are looking like a playoff bound team or a late lottery selection right now. 14 games into the season and we are sitting at the 6th seed in the East. If the draft was tomorrow we would be picking 15th or 16th, which then would force us to give our pick to the Bulls to finalize the old Tyrus Thomas trade. The only bright side is we will be receiving the Blazers pick this year for the Gerald Wallace trade but that will be somewhere even later in the 20's.

Temper your expectations for an early lottery pick because you will only end up pissed off starting another stupid thread. Enjoy the season, we have a playoff caliber team with 3 starters under the age of 23 (2 of them under 20), and enough cap space to make another Al Jefferson type of move next offseason when Ben Gordon gets off the books. We will be contending for the 4 & 5 seed in one or 2 seasons and that should be plenty to be grateful for given the garbage teams we have had since the Bobcats started up.

expect some crazy shi to go down at the trade deadline. People going to be making moves to get up there for the draft

Archived