• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Dolphins Fans are Saying...

Zod

Here's where the silver lining comes in from this national perception of how we just won. If it's annoying you, think about how the team feels about it. I like it better than 100% praise being heaped on them after Monday night. They stay hungry Sunday and take care of business.

• Pie 1

So you think allowing a team to only punt 1 time all game is ok? Forget good. We had a poor performance defensively. Same as the Patriots. Neither team was able to get off the field on 3rd down and allowed the other team to drive down the entire field on each possession. 

Our D did play poorly in a lot of respects. Tacking was horrible, gap fits were off, backside contain was lost more than once, CB's missing jams.

All of this is correctable, I see a week of focusing on fundamentals heading into Miami.

Luckily, were so good we overcame these issues, but it's got to get fixed.

Just a friendly word of advice fellas.... Watch out on how you criticize the Panthers defense. Huddlers will come out from every rock to bash your logic, even though our very own Head Coach admitted the teams tackling and coverage was not impressive... Many of these Huddlers will look past that and still shoot responses of "Stop Posting Now!!!" "I guess our defense sucks then right??" "Your ignorance is laughable"

I watched Riveras press conference and heard what Rivera said - and the pants almost lost to Buffalo -  the pats and brady are a far cry from the team they were a few years ago.  As is Pittsburg regardless of their stats.

anything goes in Divisional football. look at Tampa last week... heck, keep an eye on Atlanta this week. you never know. 

This is a trap game, after defeating both the Pats and the Niners, Miami should be an easy win, but no, its not going to be easy so once again they must give everything.

And because this is supposed to be an easier game they should secure our ranking and the Panthers must play their best football.

GO PANTHERS !

• Pie 1

Then you haven't watched much football this year.

The Patriots had just put up 55 in Pittsburgh against the #4 defense in the league.

In the end it was enough but they tackled quite poorly and allowed plays to get more than they could have after first contact. They could have been much better simply by tackling better and not getting penalties in big situations. 

yep, 20 pts is not a fair indicator of how much Pats O torched us. 

We just couldn't get off the field. IIRC The first half the only thing that got us off the field was a holding call, a fumble and a missed blocking assignment. The 2nd half the only thing that got us off the field was that terrible play call for a pass on 3rd and short. I'm most worried about not stopping their run game. It hasn't happened yet this season. If we can't stop the run going forward our whole defensive game plan is out the window.

that said, I think Pats have a top 3 offense going forward with all those weapons. They are also just a bad matchup for our D.

In the end it was enough but they tackled quite poorly and allowed plays to get more than they could have after first contact. They could have been much better simply by tackling better and not getting penalties in big situations. 

Anyone that tries to say we played good D on monday night doesnt know football. 

On top of only getting them off the field on 3rd down ONCE the entire game (one punt), we missed tons of tackles, gap problems, gashed on the run, CBs getting abused, numerous big defensive penalties, etc. 

Luckily our offense was able to move the ball well themselves and were able to keep Brady and their O off the field for a large portion of the game. 

Normally you will not win trading scores with Brady. ie The other QB and offense will blink first. We can thank Riddley / his fumbleistis and our O for this win. 

Your not gonna shut down NE on D but the least you can do is force a few punts during the entire game. 

Our defense has had better efforts this year, but you can't take away how well the Pats played either. They really stressed our coverage (like a lot of people thought they would) and killed a few of their own opportunities. Rivera was adamant that he was disappointed with the tackling and the lull in the third quarter with the pass rush, but that just means they will spend the week harping on the details and fine tuning our excellent defense to make sure it maintains its good form. All in all, nothing to be upset about with their effort and a quality win earned against a quality team should be celebrated.

As for Miami, there's no chance this team overlooks them. This team has bought in completely to the "next game" philosophy and that reflects very highly of our coaches. We've been in every game this year no matter what, no one is sneaking up on us.

• Pie 1

Some of you people can't be happy with anything.

I'm happy with the win. I was in no way saying we have a problem on defense. But Zod telling people they haven't watched any football for mentioning the defensive issues on Monday Night is silly. NE is going to present a threat to any defense but it wasn't elaborate offense that challenged the Panthers. It was a lot of bad tackling on the part of the Panthers.

• Pie 1

Scoreboard.

Holding the Pats and Tom Brady to 20 points on MNF is a good defensive effort.

You are trying to hard to be pessimistic.

Agree, but not according to the standards that this D has set.  Good effort but too many missed tackles.  White needs to come back after a shaky performance too. 

Everything considered, 20 points and a W against Brady and the best coaching staff is Ok with me.  The Pats lack a lot of the big names and experience they used to have but are doing an impressive job.