• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Dolphins Fans are Saying...

Zod

Then you haven't watched much football this year.

The Patriots had just put up 55 in Pittsburgh against the #4 defense in the league.

the thing that Rivera was not happy with was tackling.  He felt (rightfully so) that we allowed way to many yards after contact.  Guys have to wrap guys up.

• Pie 2

Zod telling people they haven't watched any football for mentioning the defensive issues on Monday Night is silly

sure

Then again it was somewhat in reply to defensive expectations vs Miami. I do agree with the idea that type of transitive logic is dumb in today's NFL. Look at the other supposed elite D in the league - the chiefs, who looked like junk vs the Broncos last week. Elite defenses rarely if ever shutdown the elite offenses with the way the rules are anymore. 

I don't know how it is even a question about our defense having a bad night.  It was just all-around sloppy defense on our part... missed tackling, etc. you name it.  The Pats methodically drove down the field on just about every possession.

Patriots played the clock all game and cut our defense up all game.  I'm guessing Bill's gameplan was to get us behind with the long scoring drives and force Newton to throw franticly and make mistakes in an attempt to catch up and get in a shootout with Brady... yeah... just too bad that didn't work out for them.

I'm happy with the win. I was in no way saying we have a problem on defense. But Zod telling people they haven't watched any football for mentioning the defensive issues on Monday Night is silly. NE is going to present a threat to any defense but it wasn't elaborate offense that challenged the Panthers. It was a lot of bad tackling on the part of the Panthers.

The Pats had two weeks to scheme us, they are probably the best team in the AFC, and they have the best QB in the AFC. Games like this come down to small things and we did just enough. Our defense had one hell of a game and if we had one more experienced CB it would have been even farther apart. We are not the steel curtain but we are very good.

The only reason Brady was held to 20 points was due to the Carolina O playing well keeping the NE O on the sideline. 

The D had nothing to do with keeping NE under 21 points. Only got off the field once on 3rd down the entire game. They punted ONCE all game and pretty much drove the entire field on every possession. 

Ron and the D would prob be the first to say they did not have a good showing. 

Hell, we let them drive the length of the field with 50 seconds remaining in the game knowing they had to pass the ball. 

Not a good night for our D. 

Ron said his D didn't play well from the 3rd quarter to the middle of the 4th.

They didn't.  Carolina especially against the run....should of had lots of stops for no gain or little.  They missed a lot of tackles and played the run poorly.

• Pie 1

I've watched every snap of every game this season and I can say with certainty that our D played subpar football in the second half of the game.  The Pats scored on two long TD drives and kicked a FG on the other.  The D did keep them out of the end zone on the final drive after allowing them to drive the length of the field in less than a minute although I think most would agree that it wouldn't have shocking at the end for NE to have punched it in on one of those last couple of plays.

Having said that we were without our best defensive lineman for most of the second half thanks to NE's bush league leg whipping, we were playing a potentially explosive offense that we forced to dink and dunk its way down the field the whole game, we did force those two TO's, and we held them to 20 which every single one of us would have taken prior to the game.

So while it wasn't a terrible defensive effort and it wasn't nearly as good as the previous week it was good enough for the win.

It's kind of like our offensive performance last week versus SF.  It didn't look good on paper or even when watching but our offense did just enough and we got the win.  That's how these things go when playing other great teams so I am happy.

• Pie 1

To the folks complaining about the defense "not getting off the field on third down", while I agree 100% about the missed tackles and disappearing rush please remember that they had like 7 drives all game, 1 which ended in a punt and two in turnovers.  Carolina's offense did pretty much the exact same thing to them except without the turnovers.  This is what happens when talented teams featuring both good offenses and good defenses play each other. 

• Pie 1