• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

House of Cards

PhillyB

Just started watching this. After episode one I was intrigued, after episode two I was hooked. That was last night at 11pm, now I'm starting episode six, binge-watching at this point.

Kevin Spacey is brilliant, Corey Stoll's character is incredibly compelling, and Kata Mara is hot. Anyone else into this show?

I watched the whole series in three nights.

My wife saw two episodes coming off of work then binged the rest of the season the next day. It is done really well and the local ties of the story to Gaffney and the The Citidel give it another layer of interst for me.

Spacey is on point as are all the actor/actresses. Even Jenny Gump is amazing but she is usually good in anything.

David Fincher's directing is toned down but it does not need his usual sprinkles as the story itself is the darkness. It is a perfect collabration of amazing story and actors to make everything not only interesting but relevant in todays political climate. The peek behind the Washington curtain is done well.

It was one of my two favorite shows of 2013, along with Boardwalk Empire which I have been obsessed with for four years.  So yeah, I enjoyed it more than both Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, both of which were spectacular this year.  I think I actually watched the whole thing in a twenty-four hour period.

Look forward to a re-watching Feb 8-9, followed by a total binge the following weekend.  I really hope season two is able to match season one.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the whole series in three nights.

My wife saw two episodes coming off of work then binged the rest of the season the next day. It is done really well and the local ties of the story to Gaffney and the The Citidel give it another layer of interst for me.

Spacey is on point as are all the actor/actresses. Even Jenny Gump is amazing but she is usually good in anything.

David Fincher's directing is toned down but it does not need his usual sprinkles as the story itself is the darkness. It is a perfect collabration of amazing story and actors to make everything not only interesting but relevant in todays political climate. The peek behind the Washington curtain is done well.

Is it bad that I am from Gaffney and have never watched this?

Archived