• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better Know a Prospect - C.J. Fiedorowicz

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers have shown interest in Iowa TE C.J Fiedorowicz.If I were you, I would be extremely excited if the Panthers select him in the middle rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft. The Panthers could potentially pick him up in the 4th round, where would would offer tremendous value and upside.

With safeties getting bigger and more aggressive every year in the NFL, the Panthers would be wise to invest in Fiedorowicz. At 6'5 (closer to 6'6) and 265lbs, he has the size to dominate his opponents on jump balls. He displayed reliable soft hands at the Senior Bowl where he impressed NFL coaches and scouts. At he combine he ran a 4.76 40 despite his hulking size.

His greatest value for the Panthers, however, may come in the run game. Fiedorowicz is as polished a blocking tight end as you will find in any NFL draft. Should the Carolina Panthers decide to move back to more two tight end sets, Fiedorowicz would immediately improve the Panthers 28th ranked offense.

Watch the video, this kid shows a real knack for finding the soft spot of the defense and sitting in it. This is an extremely underrated ability in the media chatter. Also, always catches the ball with his hands, many blocking TE's have a bad habit of bringing it into the body.

NFL Comparison - Rob Gronkowski

Click here to view the article

• Pie 2

i really like him. he's not finesse at all. dude is a good receiver who pretty much bullies anyone covering him or who tries tackle him or that he tries to block. he pretty much just imposes his will on the other guy. i think he'd be a great compliment to hardy and really useful as an extra blocker.

I like what I see.  I'm not that familiar with him but from what the video showed he has great size, soft hands, runs routes well, and seems to block pretty well. The one knock on him from what I saw is that he seems to go down fairly easy when tackled by much smaller defenders (although that one DB looked like a pinball when he hit him).  Wouldn't be mad if we picked him in later rounds.  The 2 TE set would be good for us.

i really like him. he's not finesse at all. dude is a good receiver who pretty much bullies anyone covering him or who tries tackle him or that he tries to block. he pretty much just imposes his will on the other guy. i think he'd be a great compliment to hardy and really useful as an extra blocker.

Can Hardy play TE? He has the speed, strength, and athleticism. I wonder about his hands and blocking. His blocking can't be any worse than Fua's.

This is a hypothetical question, for all of you who think that I really want it to happen.

Sent from my LGMS769 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I love Fiedorowicz. I remember watching his highlights when he was coming out of high school and following him all the way through college. If we got him   at the end of the 4th, it would be a major steal IMO. 

Unlike the other TE's listed at the top of the draft, CJ is a tremendous blocker which is why I think he'll go much earlier than our 4th RD pick. Scouts have been raving about him lately and I wouldn't be surprised if he was selected before either Amaro, Ebron, or S-Jenkins