Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

Zeller named to USA Basketball Select Team

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Stoney

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Norv Turners learning curve of offensive personnel & the typical OCs are not the same by a considerable margain...just saying
    • I think it will take a 3 year deal to entice him. But if you can keep the signing bonus to lets say 10 million and guarantee year 1 salary of 4 million he gets his 14 million out of the gate and we guaranteed all of it. If we guarantee his second year salary of 7 million we are guaranteeing 21 million of his 30 million which is a ton but honestly he has shown to be consistent and productive. With KK and Poe with him they would be productive.  Year three is still a manageable 9 million although his cap would be 12.  Three years from now that will be a huge bargain.  
    • Yeah it sounds like we could afford him. The thing that makes me wary of a deal is that we could go one of two ways: 1. Sign a 1 year deal for $11-12 million with no long term risk if his age catches up to him or he starts wearing down from his injuries. This only makes sense if we think we are a DT away from super bowl contention this year because then we lose him next year and still don't have a succession plan after we invariably cut Poe and get rid of Butler. 2. We give him a 3 year, 30 million deal, but then if he starts showing his age or perhaps isn't as effective in our system, we're saddled with a decent sized contract for at least a couple years. Now suddenly we're paying 3 defensive tackles way more than they're worth while having holes to fill elsewhere in the roster. I was hoping he was looking at something in the 7-8 million range, in which case I'd say go for it. Once $11 million was leaked as the going price, I'm thinking we should bow out of this one and go for a more affordable option like Bailey if we still think we need to shore up the position.