Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Gettleman: Oher can be answer at left tackle

C'mon guys. We experienced Bell at LT for an entire reason. It really can't be any worse. Lol

C'mon guys. We experienced Bell at LT for an entire reason. It really can't be any worse. Lol

the point is he thought Bell would be an answer also.

If there's one thing following the NFL should've taught all of us, it's that you can't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a GM or coach, especially this time of year.

What's he supposed to say?  "Yeah, we know this guy sucks ass, but we signed him anyway because we're desperate."  IMO, they think Oher CAN be the answer at LT and that's why they signed him.  Notice the word choice:  "CAN".  Big difference between can and "IS".  If the right guy is there at #25 or in the 2nd round or in the 3rd round, I have no doubt we'll pull the trigger.

so we trust them because they are lying?

We won't know until we know. At least he is over his Amini/Bell/Chandler trial phase.

Gettleman really doesn't wanna use a first round pick on a OL

If your statement is true about Getts, then it's kind of contradictory of him believing that you can never have enough pass rushers and investing top talent on DL then dismissing the fact that you need top talent on your side of OL to stop all pass rushers and DT from opposing defense , not mediocre talent.

It sounds like wishful thinking to me. I believe he also liked Bells chances but he know more than me.Just saying....

Wow. This is complete BS. Oher did not win the Superbowl playing the left tackle position. He was moved to RT at the start of the Ravens Superbowl run, after being horrible on the left side of the line the last four games of that season. 

One thing to make a questionable signing, but it is another to flat out lie about it to cover your tail. 

Oher has more talent than Gross ever had.

Just has struggled to put it together On the field.

I can definitely get on board for this opportunity for Oher

Actions speak louder than words.

If come draft day, Gettleman completely neglects improving the offensive line, then we will have something to talk about. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to take out of this. It isn't like Gettleman is going to say, "we're still not sure if Oher can solidify this group."

We didn't draft Trai Turner?

Or sign Andrew Norwell?

(how in the heck did these guys get on our roster?) :unsure: