Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Francis J. Underwood

Would you be mad if gettleman chose Todd Gurley as our first round pick?

Todd Gurley RB, Georgia Pick #25  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be mad if Todd Gurley was our First Round Pick?

• Yes
    • No

kugbila, barner, gaffney

Sure knows what he's doing in the first round though.

hell yes

give me a good OT/WR/DB for 10 years over a great RB that will be great for 5-6

You underestimate the value of an elite RB he will be good for at least 8 years.

kugbila, barner, gaffney

from the 4th round and beyond, you really start listening to the input of coaches and evaluaters more. I think that Gettleman has less influence on those picks.

B. P. A.

And I don't mean Bisphenol A

kugbila, barner, gaffney

Wow you can cite 3 late round picks that didn't work out, 2 of which were because of injuries which is completely out of Gettleman's control. Gettleman must have absolutely no clue what he's doing and should be fired immediately.

You underestimate the value of an elite RB he will be good for at least 8 years.

Can't handle the workload in college what makes you think he can last 8 years in the NFL?

I would be warmer to it if we could trade Stewart.

Dallas will make any back in any round look good. Once we get our Oline playing at that level, it allows us options.

I would not want Gurley to be "another 2 yds and a cloud of dust" kind of back, which I am afraid of at this point

I'll go with a 3rd option, "it depends". 

If we took Gurley over a guy like Jaelen Strong, I'd be pissed. 

Reading some of the responses here, the injury would be a concern of course but the player is being projected to the chargers at 17. He has 24 teams he has to go through before he gets to our pick. It is very likely that he doesn't last.

On the other had the injury was suffered in November and there will be no way to tell his condition until after we or anyone else picks him.

At this point (way too early) you could make the point that Tennessee and SD will trade Rivers for the 2nd pick this season and probably a first next season.

With SD taking Mariota, will they want the big back at 17?  yes, no?

Can't handle the workload in college what makes you think he can last 8 years in the NFL?

Torn ACLs happen.  You make it sound like Gurley was constantly nicked up or something.

Not that I am advocating for Gurley in the first round, but there is no reason to think he can't handle a normal NFL workload for a top-flight RB. 

I would be tremendously skeptical. If a RB is taken in the first, he better be starting over Stewart before the end of the first half of the season.

He will be taken if he is the BPA. If not, then not. I like Getts BPA approach and I think it already shows where it is getting us.