Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

Eastern Conference Finals Thread

​The Cavs without LeBron went immediately from a 66 win team to one of the worst teams in the league.  I also don't see Miami in the playoffs this year either even after discovering a budding superstar big man in Hassan Whiteside, which LeBron didn't have while there - which was also their biggest need by far the entire time he was there.

LeBron goes back to the Cavs, who were still one of the worst teams in the league, and now has them about to head to the fuging Finals.  Without Kyrie, and without Love.

Lol, he's pretty much carrying that garbage ass Knicks team to the Finals that was supposedly "so bad" that even a "superstar" like Carmelo couldn't make it to the playoffs with.

Even if he doesn't get a ring this year, something needs to be said for just how much better he instantly makes a team.  He's by far the best player on the planet.

There will never ever be another talent like LeBron James. I Appreciate what I get To see and I root for LeBron to win the title every year because I know damn well charlotte has no chance to at this time

There will never ever be another talent like LeBron James.

Could you be any more hyperbolic?

I like LeBron James. I appreciate his style of play. I love what he's done for this generation of the NBA. But I hate the thought process of LeBron James fanboys. Because of statements like this^. 

He has a whopping TWO championships. He's in his twelfth season. If he can't beat the Warriors, how much does he have left for the prime of his career?

He will be in the Hall of Fame and all that good stuff, but the idea that he's some unparalleled talent we will never see again is just a bit of a stretch.

Cavs might lose game 4 on purpose, and avoid sweeping the Hawks, just to give Kyrie a little more time to get healthy. 

Lebron is amazing. His stat line from last night is crazy! He's going to carry his team to a possible sweep over the #1 seed. 

​Finals start June 4th, no matter when these series end. Cav's need the rest as a team.

Could you be any more hyperbolic?

I like LeBron James. I appreciate his style of play. I love what he's done for this generation of the NBA. But I hate the thought process of LeBron James fanboys. Because of statements like this^. 

He has a whopping TWO championships. He's in his twelfth season. If he can't beat the Warriors, how much does he have left for the prime of his career?

He will be in the Hall of Fame and all that good stuff, but the idea that he's some unparalleled talent we will never see again is just a bit of a stretch.

Tell me when you think you'll ever see another combination of size, speed, strength, pretty much all around athleticism, and skill like lebron, who also makes his teammates way better than they are.. look at the players he has had such a positive effect on and just how much he affects Any team he's on. No one has ever done that and probably never will

Tell me when you think you'll ever see another combination of size, speed, strength, pretty much all around athleticism, and skill like lebron, who also makes his teammates way better than they are.. look at the players he has had such a positive effect on and just how much he affects Any team he's on. No one has ever done that and probably never will again

Oscar robertson is a good comparsion. Especially for the era he played. Agree with the guy who said Lebron is Lebron. Physically he's one of the most gifted talents ever in any sport. Gotta give the guy props too for staying out of trouble and dumb situations.

one of? Who is above?

​You are part of the reason some people don't like Lebron. It's such a subjective thing it's arrogant to say this guy is the most gifted. It's not enough i said one of in any sport ever? Don't be such a fanboy.

​You are part of the reason some people don't like Lebron. It's such a subjective thing it's arrogant to say this guy is the most gifted. It's not enough i said one of in any sport ever? Don't be such a fanboy.

Be honest name 1 person who has his mixture of size speed athleticism and skill... bo jackson is the only one I can think of close and he's not 6'9" so he loses in size

Lebron is obviously going to finish as one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA.

Trying to compare players from a different era though is just pointless.

I will say this, the NBA desperately needs some talent infusion. There are wayyyyyyy too many bottom feeding teams in the league right now.

Even one of the best teams in the league ends up getting swept. That is simply pathetic.

Be honest name 1 person who has his mixture of size speed athleticism and skill... bo jackson is the only one I can think of close and he's not 6'9" so he loses in size​

Depends on your definition of "athleticism".

IMO skill should not be mentioned. 

Focus on physical traits: size, strength, agility, accel, top line speed, leaping ability.

Lebron is hard to beat. However what about a young Shaq? Now there is a player I don't think we see again. In his early years and his prime, we saw a guy would could run the floor with unique agility and play with power, while being 7'1" and between 300-330 pounds. 

How incredible was that? 

A 17 year old has no business saying LeBron is the greatest of all time and there was never an athlete like that before him.  He plays in one of the weakest eras I've seen in my life and still only has 2 championships, and he had to join the best to get those instead of beating the best. Easily the most overrated player in NBA history, with all these young kids thinking he's so great because he can dunk and gets a foul call on every single play. The guy just is not all that special. He's a physical specimen, without a doubt, but his impact on the game is nowhere near as much as these fools think it is. He's hardly "carrying" the Cavs. Thompson, Smith, Mozgov have been on fuging fire. And Atlanta is trash, my streetball team from back in the day could've beat those chumps. I could think of over 50 players I'd rather have on a team than LeBron, if my only goal was winning.

A 17 year old has no business saying LeBron is the greatest of all time and there was never an athlete like that before him.  He plays in one of the weakest eras I've seen in my life and still only has 2 championships, and he had to join the best to get those instead of beating the best. Easily the most overrated player in NBA history, with all these young kids thinking he's so great because he can dunk and gets a foul call on every single play. The guy just is not all that special. He's a physical specimen, without a doubt, but his impact on the game is nowhere near as much as these fools think it is. He's hardly "carrying" the Cavs. Thompson, Smith, Mozgov have been on fuging fire. And Atlanta is trash, my streetball team from back in the day could've beat those chumps. I could think of over 50 players I'd rather have on a team than LeBron, if my only goal was winning.

When did I say he's the greatest of all time? And you've been a hater of his ever since I can remember... you have no subjectivity all you do is hate on his greatness. I'll acknowledge when he plays bad, and I acknowledge he isn't perfect or even the greatest ever at this point.. but there is no denying that LeBron as a pure physical specimen is in a class of his own. That's what I said is that he is the greatest physical specimen we've ever seen or will ever see. Name someone who is better in this regard

And I'm 18, get it straight fugboy