Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Carolina Panthers 2015 Roster Projection

Depth is overrated when your trash and not a true olinemen.. Scott>>>chandler... Last time I check Scott has played guard n tackle before to and he actually strong enough for the position

• Pie 1

Makes sense. What about Byrd?   hasn't Byrd lit it up?

​You think there is any chance Gettleman waives a draft pick this year and risk New England or another team stealing them again? 

Fat chance. 

Nice thread and replies Zod.

I'd rather us keep Webb and/or Byrd than Cotchery as well, but you have a point about Rivera's love for vets.

Really, really want to see Ward make it. Definitely don't want to see Tolbert cut, but I think Ward's blocking could make a difference.

Hopefully Rivera can see through his own blinders and make the right decision.

I have no trust here. He always seems to learn the hard way, when players are injured and he is forced to try other guys or when we lost games due to his stubborn / "play not to lose" decisions. I wish it was different though. 

​Cotchery getting 1st team reps. I don't see Ron Rivera cutting him, he loves him some seasoned vets. 

If Byrd has a good preseason and I say IF no way we let him hit the wire and keep a WR that is only going to get worse. 

I like Byrd a lot, and he has looked really good in practice. 

But he hasn't taken an NFL hit yet. 

Turnsik over teddy Williams n regards to ST(that punt play with philly last year was enough for me)... Highly doubt we go into the season with just 5 lbs glanton bein one of them over Klein to..

Turnsik over teddy Williams n regards to ST(that punt play with philly last year was enough for me)... Highly doubt we go into the season with just 5 lbs glanton bein one of them over Klein to..

​The Panthers used a 3rd LB about 30% of the time last season. 

​Yea I agree. Our 6th WR needs to be someone that plays special teams. I think Boykin and Bersin should be the 5th and 6th options. Hopefully Rivera can see through his own blinders and make the right decision. Cotchery has no place on this team. 

There is a very good chance that our 6th receiver won't be active on game days so special teams ability is kinda irrelevant.  A lot of last year we only had 4 receivers active on game day.  I don't see us having more then 5 this year.

Personally I don't see us keeping Cotchery to fill that role.  If he makes the team I expect him to receive substantial snaps, especially early in the season.  As the season goes on his role might diminish as the young guys develop. 

I would expect that 6th spot to be used on a younger, cheaper receiver that you might not want to expose to other teams.

• Pie 1

Can't say I see why Cotchery would be on the roster. Bersin is Cotchery. I'd give Cotcherys place to Webb,  Byrd or x player.  Proehl is enough in my opinion if we need sage advice for the young wide outs. 

Rivera likes his players like he likes his bojangles fries..... Seasoned. 

That being said I don't like cotch making the roster but I can definitely see Rivera doing it. 

​You put foucault on the PS is he still too valuable for his size to get rid of him? I like him but has he shown anything that he has developed at all? 

• Pie 1

Rivera likes his players like he likes his bojangles fries..... Seasoned. 

That being said I don't like cotch making the roster but I can definitely see Rivera doing it. 

​You put foucault on the PS is he still too valuable for his size to get rid of him? I like him but has he shown anything that he has developed at all? 

​Not really.

Plus, I think it is pretty obvious no one else would pick him up off of our practice squad. At least, I hope it is.  

We'd be foolish to keep cotch bersin feels that role easily and ST depth lol.. Also the impact cotch would make(next to nothing) does not out weigh the 5to10 snaps a game we'd get from Hill.. Quick homeruns n mismatches..