Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Final Panthers Cuts

Fozzy is also quite beastly on kick returns. He had a very good one I think it was week 2 or 3 this preseason.

that is true, fozzy did great given all of the panthers STs ranked in 30s. I even believe todman has a better to chance to land on PS than wegher too. Ginn can do KOs too, that position is so devalued now. I can stand there and watch the ball go out of bounds. I believe gano is around 80% in touchbacks.

On this Fozzy vs. Wegher argument...

I will post this with the shame it demands, but the devil in the back of my head last night offered up the thought of us cutting/trading Stewart and rolling with rtis-Payne, Fozzy, Todman, and Wegher...

I could see that happening... I wouldn't think it'd be very smart. But one could make an argument, no matter how small it is perceived, that there are benefits to getting rid of Stewart.

I love the dude and want him to be a Panther, but there always remains a chance that Gettleman could pull something like that.

Edited by Match.com

Cutting Stewart would be worse than cutting Smith a couple years ago. I am surprised at the very short memory people are playing with right now. Once our team got their poo together last year, Stewart was the #2 back in the league. And you guys want to rely on a rookie and a couple undrafted guys? 

• Pie 5

I don't see Wheger as offering anything different from J Stew or CAP. Fozzy is a different type of back that could be useful imo. Wheger might be better all around but he's doesn't bring anything unique. Wheger can be useful on special teams however. 

I think Fozzy is safe simply because the Panthers played him like he was safe. He has been used sparingly in the first half of all the games then pulled. And i believe he was a captain last night. 

If he is cut, so be it ( at the end of the day, we are arguing about the 3rd-4th string RB battle), but I don't think it's the case atm. 

I think Fozzy is safe simply because the Panthers played him like he was safe. He has been used sparingly in the first half of all the games then pulled. And i believe he was a captain last night. 

If he is cut, so be it ( at the end of the day, we are arguing about the 3rd-4th string RB battle), but I don't think it's the case atm. 

Same with Corey Brown, noticed he played very little which leads me to believe he is safe.

When cuts are announced tomorrow if there are any surprises they should probably get their own thread or else it will dominate the general thread.

• Pie 2

One thing that's getting overlooked in the keep Wenger over fozzy/todman/Tolbert is the contract. Todman is only signed for one year, while wehger is on a bare minimum three year deal. Fozzy has two years cheap.

Keeping todman for KO is very dumb, since most are touchbacks these days. Wegher has been beasting on STs, blocking and tackling. IMO its a easy choice between todman and wegher, gimme wegher all day.

Todman is a after thought now.  You saw zod pumping him up early and now he hhas pumped the breaks for a reason.  If we keep a 4th back it will be Wegher. 

Edited by Snake
Waka Waka waka
  • Pie 1

For me, it's hard to imagine that Tolbert deserves a spot on this team. He's not a great run-blocker (proven by the fact that we keep Brockel around as some sort of quasi-FB), he's nowhere near the "catching threat" he was once considered to be, and we have other, younger, backs who show they are more hungry than he is. I would give a spot to Wegher (consistently shown what he is capable of in the preseason) or Todman (a more consistent ST player) over Tolbert.

Also, releasing Tolbert saves us 2m against the cap immediately.

I don't usually share my opinion on roster spots because if there is one thing I know almost 100% of the time, fans and their expert drawn out opinions are completely wrong and it's always funny. So I will wait for the roster to be put into place by the people that actually know how to evaluate talent professionally and watch with popcorn in hand at all the overreactions taking place.

• Pie 4

Same with Corey Brown, noticed he played very little which leads me to believe he is safe.

People actually thought there was a chance Brown would get cut?

Yea, he played like trash a couple of weeks ago but if you guys haven't noticed, all of our receivers (sans maybe Funchess) are trash, at least without Benjamin around to take #1 attention.  He was never not safe.

• Pie 2