Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Bitch ass move locking my thread just so you could post one Igo. Bitch ass move.

The word "breaking" is not a thread, dum dum. It is even worse than just posting a link and nothing else. 

Do better. 

Wow.

So much for all the "fans" who complain that our F/O never does anything to address roster needs.  TWO trades this year.  Quite a surprise.

So who gets cut?!?!

Possibility we may be seeing CJ to IR-Boomerang

Not sure that he has much left in the tank, but will wait to see him on the field. Definitely seems like a one-year 'rental' though, so I bet G-Man got him for peanuts.

worth noting: this is where that cap space that was "inexplicably" unused in the offseason reeeeeeally comes in handy. $$$ salary.

Um, holy poo. This could be the move of the year. Not only does this give us someone to replace CJ with in the short-term, but also someone who can start opposite of CJ once he comes back. Holy poo.

He was playing in a 3-4 in Chicago which wasn't a good fit for him. Props to Gettleman for going out there and addressing a need.

Holy poo. Jaw dropped as I saw this headline in the "topic" section.

Jared Allen is hilarious. I've always loved the way he plays and his deamnor off the field.

We should all grow mullets.

Bears are expected to receive a conditional draft pick in exchange for Allen.

11.5 sacks in 2013

5.5 sacks in 2014

maybe he can get back to 2013 with our good DTs

A little extra 69 never hurt anybody

The word "breaking" is not a thread, dum dum. It is even worse than just posting a link and nothing else. 

Do better. 

Literally 30 seconds later I said per Jay Glazer on Twitter but okay. I forgive you for your bitch ass move.

On topic: Jared Allen hasn't done anything in years. He doesn't make us a Super Bowl contender, he hopefully has enough in the tank left until CJ can get come back healthy.

Bad choice of words :)

Peanuts 'plural', not 'Peanut', though the thought did cross my mind :-)

Agree with other posters that this does not bode well for CJ's injury/status.  I wonder what roster move they're going to make to free up a spot. 

i'd be more excited if this was about 4 yrs ago..that being said Allen is still head and shoulders better than our other DE's