Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Allen still has a lot left in the tank. You have to remember the Bears have literally no talent on the defensive side of the ball. 

Lol...the Bears are our bitch in trading.

Seriously, given that we have all been talking today about what a fantastic trade Greg O. was for this team...  I hope this proves to be another great player acquisition from Chicago!

He was playing in a 3-4 in Chicago which wasn't a good fit for him. Props to Gettleman for going out there and addressing a need.

Going from a DE to a stand up linebacker will affect your game for sure (Peppers sack #s?).

Every year before then he balled out.  I'm very excited about this!

On topic: Jared Allen hasn't done anything in years. He doesn't make us a Super Bowl contender, he hopefully has enough in the tank left until CJ can get come back healthy.

My thought too, though he was in double-digits for sacks up until last year.  However, last year wasn't great. 

also, apparently he had pneumonia in 2014 and lost 18lbs. this probably accounts for his bad year last year.

sounds like he may be legit still.

The Bears are absolute garbage, and Foxy is probably trying to overhaul the roster as we speak. I wouldn't look at this as a "well, the Bears got rid of him for some reason deal". Also, the Bears might be the actual worst team in the NFL, so, trying to highlight one player's ability, or lack thereof, is going to be impossible. 

Should've swung for the fences and asked the Bears about Alshon as well... Free agent after this year and they just drafted Kevin White and could really use the money else where!

Oh well... Fear The Mullet!!!!!!!

We have a great history of completely ripping them off making fair and mutually benefitial trades with the Bears

Next, let's see if we can trade for Alshon Jeffery. He's on the last year of his contract and doesn't want to sign an extension with the Bears, I'm sure we could convince them to go ahead and get something while they still can.

Possibility we may be seeing CJ to IR-Boomerang

Ah, true... hadn't thought of that.

Just something to keep in mind, he's been playing as an OLB with the bears, with the Vikings he was a DE and he will be returning to his natural position with us. 

So he could have more left in the tank than we've seen with the Bears.

2 years ago (last season with the Vikings) he had 11.5 sacks. 

I let out a 6-second "whaaaaaat" when I saw the tweet from Glazer. all-in kind of move, depending on the pick (?) they gave up. 

You're not alone.

2 years. 8 mil per. 12.5 guaranteed left which is all on this year. None guaranteed beyond that.

His contract