Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

What Titans Fans Are Saying

3 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Have you read the poo that's being said on the various Titans forums? These guys act like the tables are turned and they're the 8-0 team and we're the 2-6 team. They get violent if you even utter anything besides a Titans victory and they already think Mariota is the greatest QB to ever play. I feel sorry for Jags, Lions, Bills, Jets for decades of sucking, but this team truly deserves to fuging suck each and every season.

On "TitansReport" a few posters were talking about how they should "totally" drive to Charlotte whack Newton in the knees. It's been years since an opposing fan base has tried to belittle Cam's passing abilities, because he's proven himself to be a great pocket passer. The only reason it's even being brought up is due to the unbelievable drop rate that our receivers have. 

Outside of Mariota having a decent rookie season, the only thing they had going for them was an above average pass defense, but that's not been the case lately and they could be down 1-3 CB's this week.

Fug em.

lol TitansReport is a freakshow.   But yeah, a lot of Titan fans seem to be really underestimating the Panthers for some reason.   I have no idea why.  We've won 4 games in the past season and a half and you guys are 8-0.  

Meh...I have watched a little bit of Mariotta this year and he's pretty good, especially for a rookie.  I don't think the Titans will win but there's no reason not to give credit where it's due.  Of course talk about him being better than Cam right now is silly.

Edited by stankowalski

Just now, RealisticTitanFan said:

lol TitansReport is a freakshow.   But yeah, a lot of Titan fans seem to be really underestimating the Panthers for some reason.   I have no idea why.  We've won 4 games in the past season and a half and you guys are 8-0.  

Yes..

And I should point out that when I said the Titans deserve to suck, I was referring to TitansReport. GoTitans is way ahead of them in football IQ. Panthers could easily be looking at a trap game and the Titan's do have some great players who could make it happen, but damn.. Those guys act like the games already over.

3 minutes ago, Jakob said:

I commend you for being the first logical Titans fan I've run across.

You could easily be 4-4, but the losses to the Browns, Dolphins and Texans are ugly, ugly losses. I watched all three of those games and the Titans looked like a team that was very far from competing for a .500 record. Luckily you've moved on from Young, Locker, Mett and you have a QB who could develop into a top QB one day. 

That Cleveland game, it was just a mess all around.  I was surprised the score was as close as it was.  We had three lost fumbles and our secondary was making Manziel and Benjamin look like Peyton and Marvin Harrison in their prime.   I really have no excuses for that one.  As for the Dolphins and Texans, I honestly think Whisenhunt had completely lost the locker room by that point.  This team clearly had no confidence in his gameplans or their ability to execute it.  They had the look of a team who really just didn't even give a damn anymore.  

I'm not trying to make us out to have turned a corner or anything.  But I do think you kinda sorta have to look at this as a different team.  Mularkey has made a lot of changes.... scheme, lineup, and we got a new offensive playcaller.  Our defense is legit, but susceptible to the occasional big play and are sometimes prone to periods where everyone forgets how to tackle.   Offensively, we have the talent to get it done but just no real big time playmakers you have to keep an eye on each and every play.

Like I said, we gotta play virtually mistake free to have a chance in this one.  If we start putting ourselves in bad situations right out of the gate it could get ugly fast. 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Kinda figured since a rookie QB's best friend is the TE and Mularkey was coaching your TEs before his battlefield promotion.

Look at it this way. We were left for dead at 3-8-1 last year in a weak division. Anything can happen if the team doesn't quit. Over on the Bucs board, their fans are debating about trying to keep winning or tanking the season for a higher draft pick. Personally I hope they tank because nothing's guaranteed in the draft. Keep trying to win sends the right message to the locker room and good things can happen, like coming outta nowhere to take the division title.

Realistically we are only 2 games out of it, that's how bad this division is.  I've just learned my lesson on getting my hopes up for miraculous turnarounds.  Our upcoming schedule is pretty tough.  We have you guys, New England, Oakland, NYJ, and Indy again.  I have a hard time seeing us finishing better than 5-11.   If we win out in our division (not bloody likely) and steal one from the Jets or Raiders (or Panthers lol) AND the Colts fall apart then maaaaaaayyyyybe we could sneak into the playoffs with a 7-9 record a la the Seahawks a few years back.  It's a hell of an uphill battle though.  

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

They're really going to be down 1-3 CB's? How did that work out for the packers? 

McCourty is officially out.  Perrish Cox and Blidi Wreh Wilson are questionable I believe.  BWW is truly awful so he's no big loss.  Might be beneficial to us if he's out actually. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Realistically we are only 2 games out of it, that's how bad this division is.  I've just learned my lesson on getting my hopes up for miraculous turnarounds.  Our upcoming schedule is pretty tough.  We have you guys, New England, Oakland, NYJ, and Indy again.  I have a hard time seeing us finishing better than 5-11.   If we win out in our division (not bloody likely) and steal one from the Jets or Raiders (or Panthers lol) AND the Colts fall apart then maaaaaaayyyyybe we could sneak into the playoffs with a 7-9 record a la the Seahawks a few years back.  It's a hell of an uphill battle though.  

Yes it does look tough, but your rookie QB needs to see that the organization will continue to try to win despite the odds. Who saw Luck's injury happening and opening the door for you? Raiders are an injury away also, since they're not deep. Jets have a QB? Are they time-sharing that QB with the Texans? And so on and so on. Hell, DeAngelo Williams might be calling up Mularkey and spilling his guts about us since he's mad about us not coming to his Mom's funeral in the off-season last year then cutting him this past off-season. Just never know.

18 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

They're really going to be down 1-3 CB's? How did that work out for the packers? 

Jason McCourty was officially ruled out today. Perrish Cox and Blidi Wreh-Wilson are limited in practice today, but they both could sit out with hamstring injuries, especially with Tennessee playing next Thursday night. I could be wrong, but that leaves them with Cody Riggs, UDFA, Coty Sensabaugh and  B.W Webb.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

McCourty is officially out.  Perrish Cox and Blidi Wreh Wilson are questionable I believe.  BWW is truly awful so he's no big loss.  Might be beneficial to us if he's out actually. 

So, if we can keep the pressure off cam, the big play potential will be there 

13 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

So, if we can keep the pressure off cam, the big play potential will be there 

Most definitely.  If there's one thing we've done consistently well this season though it's getting after the QB.  Of course Cam presents a rather unique challenge.   I trust Lebeau to put together a solid gameplan against him it's just going to be a matter of whether or not the players can execute it. 

15 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Most definitely.  If there's one thing we've done consistently well this season though it's getting after the QB.  Of course Cam presents a rather unique challenge.   I trust Lebeau to put together a solid gameplan against him it's just going to be a matter of whether or not the players can execute it. 

Yeah, that's why I said to keep the pressure off him.  I know you guys have done a great job getting to the qb.  The offensive line better be ready to battle 

23 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

CJ is going to injure Mariota, sorry

Mariota is going to be RG3

No, not this Sunday.  CJ is not eligible to play yet.  He won't play until Dallas.

• Pie 5

8 hours ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

I've said it a bunch, but really our chances in this is all going to boil down to the OL.  If they get dominated then it's going to be a long day and I could see a blowout.  If they can play at a respectable level then I think Mariota can have some success with the quick passing game and we just might make it a ballgame.   For the record I am not optimistic that our OL can holdup. 

That's pretty standard for all teams, very few cam overcome terrible Oline play. There has to be more to it than that. If we prepare properly, then I see us winning undoubtedly. New HC with little to no film on is an advantage to you. 

• Pie 1