Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

What Titans Fans Are Saying

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Sorry dude but the NO defense is absolute GARBAGE....and it took OT for you to eek that one out.  I have never seen a fanbase win one game in the last 6 and think they have turned the corner and are a team to be reckoned with.

You guys could only muster 7 points on the god awful Falcons defense....and that is a team that just lost to a Blaine Gabbert led SF team that is a dumpster fire.

You are right that this is the NFL and anything can happen.  But the ONLY way you are in this game in the 2H is if the Panthers play their worst game of the season by a mile and the Titans play by far their best game.

It is possible....but it is NOT likely.

I agree it's not likely.  That isn't what I was saying at all.  In fact I said it would take us playing virtually mistake free AND getting a few lucky breaks.  All I'm saying is it might be foolish to be chalking this up as an automatic W. 

As for the ATL game, a Mettenberger led offense isn't even remotely comparable to a Mariota led offense.  Mett is a statue in the pocket and consistently makes bad decisions with the football.  And again, I don't think people who weren't watching this team week in and week out really realize how much of a problem Whisenhunt and his playcalling was.  He was holding this team back plain and simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


To add to the above, anyone who has been watching this league for long should know better than to use the "X team beat Y team and Z team beat X team" type of logic.  Teams matchup differently and like they say "any given Sunday".  

Also, is there a way to edit posts and I'm just not seeing it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Yeah you are right.  But it's worth noting that Whisenhunt was absolutely moronic with his use of the RBs.  He was literally switching guys out every 1-2 plays.  No one ever got a chance to get into a rhythm.  Last week Mularkey made Andrews "the guy" and he played very well, albeit against a poor defense.  

Sankey isn't even in the mix anymore.  Dude is garbage and hasn't even had a carry the past two weeks.  Andrews isn't anything special but he runs with authority and pick up the tough yardage.  His achilles heel is he doesn't have the greatest vision.   Unfortunately he's the best we have.  We do get David Cobb back now but he's still completely unproven. 

Cobb was a guy that a lot of us wanted the Panthers to take a flyer on late in the draft, he could be a decent RB going forward. Andrews should definitely be your #1 RB going forward, he seems like a solid north-south runner. Our defense tends to dominate power RBs, however we are susceptible to getting gashed for a long run here and there. To be honest, I would be more worried if Andrews was a fast sideline to sideline runner because we lack speed at safety with Harper back ther and our tackling can be sloppy at times (asides from Kuechly and Davis) But hey, if Luke freakin McCown can dink and dunk his way down the field on our home turf, who says Mariota can't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

To add to the above, anyone who has been watching this league for long should know better than to use the "X team beat Y team and Z team beat X team" type of logic.  Teams matchup differently and like they say "any given Sunday".  

Also, is there a way to edit posts and I'm just not seeing it? 

The edit button is right beside the quote button at the bottom left of your post.

Edited by Shufdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Cobb was a guy that a lot of us wanted the Panthers to take a flyer on late in the draft, he could be a decent RB going forward. Andrews should definitely be your #1 RB going forward, he seems like a solid north-south runner. Our defense tends to dominate power RBs, however we are susceptible to getting gashed for a long run here and there. To be honest, I would be more worried if Andrews was a fast sideline to sideline runner because we lack speed at safety with Harper back ther and our tackling can be sloppy at times (asides from Kuechly and Davis) But hey, if Luke freakin McCown can dink and dunk his way down the field on our home turf, who says Mariota can't?

I've said it a bunch, but really our chances in this is all going to boil down to the OL.  If they get dominated then it's going to be a long day and I could see a blowout.  If they can play at a respectable level then I think Mariota can have some success with the quick passing game and we just might make it a ballgame.   For the record I am not optimistic that our OL can holdup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

 

Also, is there a way to edit posts and I'm just not seeing it? 

Glad for your comments here, and looking forward to playing you guys.  Excited for you that Mariota really seems to show so much promise.  Hopefully it will mean good things ahead for y'all.

re: editing, I think if you pay the $1 to register you get the editing feature enabled, or when you reach a certain # of comments or feedback.  I forget the details.  Not quite sure why that's the case, but it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Packersfan said:

Close game throughout or did the Saints make a comeback?

It was the game where Hochuli told Cam he wasn't old enough to get calls yet. Saints got a punt return TD after our gunner was flagged for not returning inbounds quickly enough and we had to re-kick. Luke was still in the concussion protocol and didn't play, but neither did Brees after the Bucs hurt his shoulder in the previous game. McCown took advantage of Luke's absence and dinked and dunked all day 5-7 yards from the LOS. And our only real pass-rush threat at the time, Charles Johnson, aggravated his hamstring and left the game in the 3rd quarter. We made the trade for Jared Allen 2 days after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

I've said it a bunch, but really our chances in this is all going to boil down to the OL.  If they get dominated then it's going to be a long day and I could see a blowout.  If they can play at a respectable level then I think Mariota can have some success with the quick passing game and we just might make it a ballgame.   For the record I am not optimistic that our OL can holdup. 

Yeah that's why a lot of us are so optimistic about our D-line vs. your O-line. We know all too well what Byron fuggin' Bell, as he's known on this board, can do and what he sucks at. Throw in that Poutasi at LG and Gallik at C are rookies and we're licking our chops. Curious to see what effect having the Captain tag removed will have on your LT Lewan's mindset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Yeah that's why a lot of us are so optimistic about our D-line vs. your O-line. We know all too well what Byron fuggin' Bell, as he's known on this board, can do and what he sucks at. Throw in that Poutasi at LG and Gallik at C are rookies and we're licking our chops. Curious to see what effect having the Captain tag removed will have on your LT Lewan's mindset. 

Yeah that's understandable.  Our OL is a work in progress to say the least.   Mularkey ran a lot of 2 & 3 TE sets last week so I expect to see more of the same this week.  Of course there's really no comparing the Saints front 7 to the Panthers.

Honestly, the W would be nice but it'd take a miracle for us to win our division at this point anyway.  So I'm mainly just hoping to see us put up a respectable fight against a top team.  It sucks to be out of it so early, particularly when this division is so bad and our roster isn't as bad our record indicates.  We lost 3 games by 6 combined points and Whisenhunt absolutely cost us the Indy and Buffalo games with idiotic playcalling at the end.  We very easily could be 4-4 right now and leading our division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you read the poo that's being said on the various Titans forums? These guys act like the tables are turned and they're the 8-0 team and we're the 2-6 team. They get violent if you even utter anything besides a Titans victory and they already think Mariota is the greatest QB to ever play. I feel sorry for Jags, Lions, Bills, Jets for decades of sucking, but this team truly deserves to fuging suck each and every season.

On "TitansReport" a few posters were talking about how they should "totally" drive to Charlotte whack Newton in the knees. It's been years since an opposing fan base has tried to belittle Cam's passing abilities, because he's proven himself to be a great pocket passer. The only reason it's even being brought up is due to the unbelievable drop rate that our receivers have. 

Outside of Mariota having a decent rookie season, the only thing they had going for them was an above average pass defense, but that's not been the case lately and they could be down 1-3 CB's this week.

 

Fug em.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Yeah that's understandable.  Our OL is a work in progress to say the least.   Mularkey ran a lot of 2 & 3 TE sets last week so I expect to see more of the same this week.  Of course there's really no comparing the Saints front 7 to the Panthers.

Honestly, the W would be nice but it'd take a miracle for us to win our division at this point anyway.  So I'm mainly just hoping to see us put up a respectable fight against a top team.  It sucks to be out of it so early, particularly when this division is so bad and our roster isn't as bad our record indicates.  We lost 3 games by 6 combined points and Whisenhunt absolutely cost us the Indy and Buffalo games with idiotic playcalling at the end.  We very easily could be 4-4 right now and leading our division. 

Kinda figured since a rookie QB's best friend is the TE and Mularkey was coaching your TEs before his battlefield promotion.

Look at it this way. We were left for dead at 3-8-1 last year in a weak division. Anything can happen if the team doesn't quit. Over on the Bucs board, their fans are debating about trying to keep winning or tanking the season for a higher draft pick. Personally I hope they tank because nothing's guaranteed in the draft. Keep trying to win sends the right message to the locker room and good things can happen, like coming outta nowhere to take the division title.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Yeah that's understandable.  Our OL is a work in progress to say the least.   Mularkey ran a lot of 2 & 3 TE sets last week so I expect to see more of the same this week.  Of course there's really no comparing the Saints front 7 to the Panthers.

Honestly, the W would be nice but it'd take a miracle for us to win our division at this point anyway.  So I'm mainly just hoping to see us put up a respectable fight against a top team.  It sucks to be out of it so early, particularly when this division is so bad and our roster isn't as bad our record indicates.  We lost 3 games by 6 combined points and Whisenhunt absolutely cost us the Indy and Buffalo games with idiotic playcalling at the end.  We very easily could be 4-4 right now and leading our division. 

I commend you for being the first logical Titans fan I've run across.

You could easily be 4-4, but the losses to the Browns, Dolphins and Texans are ugly, ugly losses. I watched all three of those games and the Titans looked like a team that was very far from competing for a .500 record. Luckily you've moved on from Young, Locker, Mett and you have a QB who could develop into a top QB one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...