Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaSunday

One Carolina

13 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

Wait did Ohio State do one of these?

Link anyone?

CLT airport has kinda sorta (bot not quite) gotten on board.  (I was shocked there was no Panthers gear obviously available in the stores when I was there on Thurs.  I would have expected Panthers gear to be a big seller for folks arriving for the game...)

Slightly off topic, but the Panthers twitter account has gained something like 150,000 new followers in a week.  I think it was just within the last 7 - 10 days they hit 1 million.  Now they're up to 1,150,000.  WOW.  Cardinals only have approx 400K

A women's fastpitch team in South Charlotte. If you don't know what fastpitch is, you can't be my friend.

Pretty cool.

Every now and then i'll run into someone that doesn't know the Panthers are a two state team. Hope this solidarity teaches a few people. lol

14 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Slightly off topic, but the Panthers twitter account has gained something like 150,000 new followers in a week.  I think it was just within the last 7 - 10 days they hit 1 million.  Now they're up to 1,150,000.  WOW.  Cardinals only have approx 400K

Damn, that's pretty impressive.  I checked just for comparison's sake and it's nearly even with the Seahawks and Steelers twitter and a few 100,000 off from the Cowboys and Packers.  There's only a handful of teams with more followers than us that I saw... those 4 and the Patriots.  Patriots way up there ahead of everyone with 2.2 million.

This team, fanbase and culture has done some serious growing this year.

14 minutes ago, CarolinaSunday said:

I'm learning a lot about teams I had no idea existed

The Mudcats were the Kinston Indians before they moved a few years back.  The Kinston Indians were around since the 80s.

11 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

This one is funny...if you go to their Twitter page, their banner has the entire basketball team dabbin'

A little outside the template but we celebrate the family!

9 minutes ago, rainwater said:

The Mudcats were the Kinston Indians before they moved a few years back.  The Kinston Indians were around since the 80s.

When I was stationed at SJAFB the Mudcats were in Zebulon (I think) and the Indians were in Kinston.

They were both around in the early to mid 90's.

Just now, SIGCHI222 said:

When I was stationed at SJAFB the Mudcats were in Zebulon (I think) and the Indians were in Kinston.

They were both around in the early to mid 90's.

The original Mudcats moved to Florida and then the Kinston Indians moved to Zebulon and are now the Mudcats.  So it isn't the same team.