Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Carolina Panthers NFL Draft - Day 2 Predictions

We better not be looking to draft QB today

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1

hope I post this right, while trying to get the above image out of my head, but I've read from 2 different sources that we don't like Alexander out of Clemson.  He might not even be on our draft board.

• Pie 2

Day 2 picks

In the:

2. Derrick Henry or Su'a Cravens

3. Jerell Adams or Harlan Miller

42 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

hope I post this right, while trying to get the above image out of my head, but I've read from 2 different sources that we don't like Alexander out of Clemson.  He might not even be on our draft board.

Guy seems like a turd.  Not surprised and actually very happy to hear.

45 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Alexander doesn't have the size we like....

but he is going to be a beast 

1 hour ago, Lout said:

forced to trade-up in Round 2 to get one of the three remaining CBs available (MacKenzie Alexander, Xavien Howard, Kendall Fuller), I will simply assume we will stay put

I'm not sure those are the only good CBs available.

This CB class seems quite deep.  What about players like Harlan Miller, Cyrus Jones, Zach Sanchez, Deiondre Hall?  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few....  Personally I think there are some good CBs likely to be found in rounds 3 and even 4 or 5.  So I'm not so stressed about grabbing a CB tonight.

I'd rather see us get either a very good offensive talent (Shepard or one of the Henrys, for instance) a very solid safety (Cravens?) or a pass-rushing DE.  Those are the positions I think have the best value in the 2nd...

[Sorry, I quoted you and commented too soon.  I realize by the players you then go on to mention as round 3 prospects that we're basically on the same page.  Sorry... sleep deprivation has me very tired given the 5 hour time difference which had me up from 12 - 2 a.m. my time to try and follow the draft last night (I confess I fell asleep before the Panthers picked and only woke up at 5 again after our pick was long done...).  So ... feel free to ignore my comment.]

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'm not sure those are the only good CBs available.

This CB class seems quite deep.  What about players like Harlan Miller, Cyrus Jones, Zach Sanchez, Deiondre Hall?  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few....  Personally I think there are some good CBs likely to be found in rounds 3 and even 4 or 5.  So I'm not so stressed about grabbing a CB tonight.

I'd rather see us get either a very good offensive talent (Shepard or one of the Henrys, for instance) a very solid safety (Cravens?) or a pass-rushing DE.  Those are the positions I think have the best value in the 2nd...

I listed Miller, Jones and Sanchez as options in the 3rd round... Did you only read my 2nd round options?

Just now, Lout said:

I listed Miller, Jones and Sanchez as options in the 3rd round... Did you only read my 2nd round options?

Yeah, sorry.  I jumped the gun.  I sort of zoned out while reading your comment.  Just gave you pie.  Agree with all you wrote.  Sorry, just too tired.  Need to get some sleep soon if I'm going to follow any of tonight's draft or the Hornets game.  It really is tough being 5 hours later than the East Coast right now....

I know it seems like a reach, but Harlan Miller could  be the pick. 

Jeremy Cash SS is also a possibility. 

If we trade up, a WR like Michael Thomas or Sterling Shepherd could be the reason.

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tampa

image.jpg

The Human Rollie Pollie?

3 hours ago, the greatest said:

Will there be a day 2 discussion thread?

Yep, thanks for the reminder

• Pie 1