Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

The Official Robert Mueller is comin! Thread

5 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This guy couldn't be more guilty and the right is just like "oh wee mane" 

trump could be locked up, his family and aides locked up and the right would still say "so what?" and transition to whatever will keep them in power next

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

trump could be locked up, his family and aides locked up and the right would still say "so what?" and transition to whatever will keep them in power next

Trump could shoot someone in the middle of 5th ave and...

Steve King, Mark Meadows, Matt Gaetz etc would go charging to the cameras to defend it.  

The GOP can never be able to claim they are about the "rule of law" ever again.  Under Trump they have morphed into the full fledged corruption party. 

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Trump could shoot someone in the middle of 5th ave and...

Steve King, Mark Meadows, Matt Gaetz etc would go charging to the cameras to defend it.  

The GOP can never be able to claim they are about the "rule of law" ever again.  Under Trump they have morphed into the full fledged corruption party. 

I seriously wonder how they came to this point. Could it have something to do with their donor base coming to their twilight years (no pun intended) and want to do whatever they can to extract as much money and power as possible before they croak?

They clearly have no actual interest in governing. Look what they've accomplished with the Senate, Congress and Presidency. A big tax cut for the rich. That's about it. Shocking.

16 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I seriously wonder how they came to this point. Could it have something to do with their donor base coming to their twilight years (no pun intended) and want to do whatever they can to extract as much money and power as possible before they croak?

They clearly have no actual interest in governing. Look what they've accomplished with the Senate, Congress and Presidency. A big tax cut for the rich. That's about it. Shocking.

well some of the ones I mentioned are just pure opportunist.  They are just double down on Trump early because if it works they have a lot they can gain.   Like that DUI clown FL Congressmen.    Those don't bother me as much.

The Republicans that really bother me the most are all the quiet sheep.  Afraid of Trump's twitter, afraid of idiot Trumper voters, and afraid they could jeopardize their dream of being a lifelong do nothing politician by standing up and just being an American. 

Technically Congress is suppose to be the check on the Presidency.  That is the way our government was created.  Right now it is actually our institutions putting the check on him.   If Dems don't take over 2018?  Well the institutions won't hold much longer after with the Republicans just watching them get knocked brick by brick. 

Full fledge Banana Republic at that point.  And yes, it can happen here.  Too many idiot Americans don't realize that and have this weird invincible teenager complex when in comes to Merica.  Nah, you actually have to stand for America to be America.   

7 hours ago, SingleMalt said:

How come Mueller didnt ask the question everyone want the answer to.....

What were you thinking while the ho's was pissing on the bed ??

“Did they both eat a bunch of asparagus this afternoon just to piss me off?”

this is the dude who cursed at the Senate because his legal expenses. 

Everyone from Trumpland that walks away from Mueller goes in cocky....comes out sounding the same. Mueller got them. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. Zin said:

You said you got em 16 months ago...keep going!!....lol

Trump campaign managers, associates and aides keep getting indicted, his lawyers keep leaving, but yeah, it’s all roses for your boy.

The trump boot lickers are in for a major letdown. I hope you have a support system in place.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Zin said:

Mueller does have them.  It’s coming.  Check Cheetos twitter.  Trump knows he has them. 

and deep down every Trumper knows that too.   You know it too.  Only problem you have....is dealing with the fact you will one day be confronting with how bad you fell for the con.  Which is really what Trumpism now is about.  Denial of a truth they know is about to make them look foolish. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Zin said:

16 months? Mueller investigation isn't even a year old lol

15 hours ago, CRA said:

is dealing with the fact you will one day be confronting with how bad you fell for the con.

Interesting op ed in the post today - don't know if you saw it

Critics of President Trump, including me, have regularly compared him to authoritarian rulers such as Viktor Orban and Vladimir Putin. But a more apt comparison may be with Jordan Belfort or Frank Abagnale. Who? you ask.

Belfort is the high-living Wall Street stockbroker who was convicted of fraud and subsequently had his life story dramatized by Martin Scorsese in “The Wolf of Wall Street.” Abagnale is the con artist who pretended to be a doctor and airline pilot, among other disguises. His life story was told by Steven Spielberg in “Catch Me If You Can.” That title appears ever-more-appropriate for the Donald Trump life story as more of the president’s scams come to light.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-is-a-grifter-same-as-ever/2018/05/02/5afa43d2-4e2f-11e8-84a0-458a1aa9ac0a_story.html?utm_term=.4674b1c82971

22 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Interesting op ed in the post today - don't know if you saw it

yeah there was another good op ed piece similar to that. https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/opinions/donald-trump-is-not-an-idiot-begala/index.html

I think Donald J. Trump is plenty bright. Not in the intellectual, Mensa-meeting sense, but he has, I think, an undeniable intelligence. He is street smart, savvy, clever. No one can be that conniving and be an idiot.
So why the disconnect? Why do I as an outside analyst see an intelligence that those closest to the President do not? Because there are different kinds of intelligence that are useful for different purposes. The kind of intelligence I believe Trump has is enormously useful if you want to, say, be a politician -- even better if you want to be a demagogue.
He has a cynical, innate intelligence for what his base wants to hear. It's like a divining rod for division, prejudice and stereotyping. His relentless rhetorical repetition ("No collusion, no collusion, no collusion") is brilliantly designed to tell folks who are predisposed to like him what they want to hear.

Finally, a word of caution for the Democrats: Don't attack Donald Trump's intelligence. Liberals already suffer from the conceit that they are more intelligent, and it can make them insufferable. Plus, in a weird way, calling President Trump stupid excuses his intentional acts of malice.
So, don't call him "moron" or "idiot;" call him what he is: a conniving, corrupt con man, a dangerous, divisive demagogue -- and, most sobering of all, the man who carried 30 states in the last election, and may well do it again if Democrats don't focus their fire more effectively.

hard to disagree

Also found it interesting that crazy Rudy made a point to call Jared “disposable” and attempted to draw a Mueller red line at Ivanka.