• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

First new head coach for this season...

Meanwhile, the Steelers fired their RB coach.

Given how well their backs performed in Le'Veon Bell's absence, that one seems like a head scratcher :thinking:

It's his fault Bell didn't sign his tag obviously.

Also I don't like this Arians news. That's a competent signing if I've ever seen one. If they end up with a good QB then they'll actually be a scary team. 

Word now that the Falcons hired Koetter as their OC.

No great shock there.

PFT reporting Elway is choosing between Mike Munchak and  Vic Fangio as the next Broncos coach.

Being reported that McDaniels is telling everyone he's not leaving New England.

(hey at least he didn't make them go through the motions again)

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Being reported that McDaniels is telling everyone he's not leaving New England.

(hey at least he didn't make them go through the motions again)

I think there's virtually zero chance he doesn't already have a head coach in waiting deal in place in NE.

Which honestly may be career suicide. Trying to replace Belichick (without Brady at that) is going to he a very tough gig anf if he fails I doubt anyone will give him a third chance.

Edited by LinvilleGorge

Arians (HC) and Bowles (DC) appear to be a lock now in Tampa.

This is the best coaching staff they have had. 

We now have the worst HC in the division.  And Bowles is light years better than Eric Washington.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think there's virtually zero chance he doesn't already have a head coach in waiting deal in place in NE.

Which honestly may be career suicide. Trying to replace Belichick (without Brady at that) is going to he a very tough gig anf if he fails I doubt anyone will give him a third chance.

I'd have to agree. honestly, after that disaster last year, I'm surprised anybody talked to him this offseason.

Equally surprising is that people keep going after Belichick disciples when they keep failing. Of course, that includes McDaniels.

6 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Arians (HC) and Bowles (DC) appear to be a lock now in Tampa.

This is the best coaching staff they have had. 

We now have the worst HC in the division.  And Bowles is light years better than Eric Washington.

Well I'm no Rivera fan, but at least previous contests between him and Bruce Arians have come out in our favor..

Granted, that did come with Dave Gettleman as GM. Rivera's record when working with Hurney is significantly worse (sub 500).

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Being the person who replaces the legendary HC or iconic QB is a no-win situation.  The only exception I can think of is when Steve Young followed Joe Montana, but that was an extraordinary situation (the fact Young was willing to be a backup for so long).

The old saying is the number one cause of disappointment is unrealistic expectations, and it pretty much always applies to these situations.

32 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Being the person who replaces the legendary HC or iconic QB is a no-win situation.  The only exception I can think of is when Steve Young followed Joe Montana, but that was an extraordinary situation (the fact Young was willing to be a backup for so long).

The old saying is the number one cause of disappointment is unrealistic expectations, and it pretty much always applies to these situations.

Rodgers replace Favre and Luck replace Manning but yeah, in general it's not an enviable spot.