Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icege

Changing the Narrative, Vol. 1: #9 vs. #16

I’m one of the fans who wanted the win because many times that can carry over to the next season. The only time I wanted and cheered for losing was when the Panthers had a shot at the #1 pick was either Luck if entered the draft or Cam Newton.  

Had the Panthers lost against the Saints I would have be fine with it. BUT looking back the Panthers started a third string QB, McCaffery sat most of the entire game.  Luke didn’t play and neither did some other starters.  And yes Saints day a lot of players also. But how did people expect the Panthers to lose that game on purpose without basically turning the ball over on purpose and Def just sitting down on the field looking like fools missing tackles etc.  

2 hours ago, Chosen Newton said:

LOL point I’m making, which is surprisingly going way over your head, is that mahomes Watson and hooker did not make it to the 16th pick. Therefore, having the 9th pick gives you the ability to draft those players. DUY!

Yea, but you know who did make it to #16?

TJ Watt, Budda Baker, Juju, Kamara, Hunt, James Conner, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen, George Kittle, and everybody else.

And you're further proving my point. We are going to get a quality starter at #16 that isnt that much of a huge loss from #9. We dont need a QB, so having Mahomes and Watson go #10 & #12 is good for Carolina (plus Trubisky at #2, he wasnt available at 9 but Mahomes/Watson are just as good if not better, right?). What does it matter if it's a future Pro Bowler when we already have an NFL MVP at the position? John Ross went at #9 and he is ass trash. Fournette went at #4 but we still got CMC at #8 (not a Pro Bowler but Kamara at #67, Hunt at #86, and Conner at #105 (this isnt to poo on CMC, it's to emphasize that the differences between the quality of players at #8 and #67 really doesnt look that drastic).

The draft is a crap shoot and wanting to intentionally lose in order to gamble sooner on 7 players for a 53 player team is both stupid and short sighted.